Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This power meter is now discontinued so it's difficult to compare manufacturer specs. Raceface/Easton made this meter in both 134 and 136 spec'd widths. I want to put this on some Next SL G4 cranks in a standard 73mm width BB. It seems the that the retail pages that I can find show both versions are appropriate for this application.

134 (p/n PM1730134)
1https://www.performancebike.com/race-face-cinch-power-meter-spindle-30-x-134mm-bluetooth-ant-pm1730134/p-fuyxsd9c3uqrgqhe
- "Fits Next SL G4, Next G3, Next R, and Turbine cranks, 1x or 2x configurations"

136 (p/n PM1930136 ):
- "Thanks to the adaptable spindle, the CINCH power meter spindle fits Next SL G4, Next G3, Next R, and Turbine"

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
The Race Face Cinch axle chart is here:

Either a 134mm or 136mm length axle will fit with Next SL cranks and a 73mm width bottom bracket.

The 134mm length axle looks like it should give a 51mm chainline and 168mm crank q factor whilst a 136mm length axle ought to be 52mm chainline and 170mm q factor (not listed for Next SL in the chart but it's 1 mm wider on each side). The chainring will sit slightly further out with the 136mm length spindle.

52mm chainline is standard on a lot of current mountain bikes with 148x12mm boost rear hub width (eg: Specialized Epic, Orbea Oiz etc) so the 136mm spindle length would probably be preferable to match that.:)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Either work. If and when they warranty it , they will send you a 136. It’s just a matter of the spacers you use to fit either.

Also, what computer are you using. I would not spend the money again if you use a watch. Especially the Garmin Fenix. The signal is so weak between the two (I don’t know who to blame) that it’s completely hit and miss whether the PM you buy will connect without an enormous dropouts.

Between my first cinch PM and my next warranty, I went from averaging high 100s (false) and maybe 210 normalized in races, to doing 285 normalized with my watch flipped upside down and getting better signal with my second PM on my first 2 hour race effort.

The first one just couldn’t stay connected. My second pm worked very well until it just wouldn’t power up after 2 months. Now I have a new 136 PM sitting on my shelf. I haven’t installed it because I am not sure I want to add the weight for useless data (in case this one works like the 1st).

It was super cool for 2 months having real data and getting all of the FTP updates on the watch since the watch uses the HRV algorithm and gives post ride updates.

The 134 you buy is probably old stock that has the black antenna cap. The new ones have a clear one, so you can at least see when it has woken up because the light flashes through the cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.