Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set of 05 Vanilla 130Rs recently. Wanted to swap them to 100mm travel for the hardtail, so pulled out the spring and the spacer on the right side, reinstalled spring with no spacer... didn't work, spring rattled aroud like a bean in a can. Only seemed to be one spacer in the leg, and no others in the box, too.

What am I missing? :confused:

Thanks,
Robbo

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aha...

Thanks, Homebrew. Thing is, I did read the manual... scary, no? The manual's not at hand, but I don't reckon it was that clear.

And if I want to customise travel length, I would make up a pair of new spacers to go on top of boh legs?

Ta, Robbo (obviously a mechanical nonce... ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad manual. Bad manual!

... and now having the PDF version, no way known did the manual I get in the box have that kind of detail in it.

Yeah, I know, desperate grab at trying to restore some mechanical credibility. Think I'll go and hit something with a large-ish rock... ;)

Robbo

·
Registered
218 Posts
With all of this switching going on with your forks you wouldn't happen to have an "extra" green spring, would you? I need it for my new vanilla fork. I will make it worth your while if you could help me out. Also I have a purple and a blue if you need either of those.

Thanks-

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fl jay said:
With all of this switching going on with your forks you wouldn't happen to have an "extra" green spring, would you? I need it for my new vanilla fork. I will make it worth your while if you could help me out. Also I have a purple and a blue if you need either of those.

Thanks-
Happy to oblige, but postage from Australia might render things a bit too expensive... ;)

Using green currently, but prob need a yellow to give me the ride I want. And, according to my now-read PDF manual (!), the green would be a useful thing if I reduce the travel. Green came in the Fox box, as I recall.

Robbo

·
Registered
94 Posts
what's a crushed washer??

I was also intrested in dropping my Vanilla RLC fork to 100mm. I must have read the manual a gazzillion times so i don't screw it up. In the manual it stated that I needed a crushed washer as part of the modification. Do I need to get this part from Fox before I attempt my modification??

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
GOLLUM said:
I was also intrested in dropping my Vanilla RLC fork to 100mm. I must have read the manual a gazzillion times so i don't screw it up. In the manual it stated that I needed a crushed washer as part of the modification. Do I need to get this part from Fox before I attempt my modification??
no, a crush washer, btw, is what goes on the bottom of the fork leg, under the little black bolts. I have reused them before and never had any leak issues. you all ought to also take a look at enduro seals website, they give an excellent, step by step instruction on dis and re assembly of the vanilla. http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id28.html

_MK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.