Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an adjustable fork, 130 & 150 mm of travel. I am aware of the offerings by most manufacturers, including the new Fox 32 Talas, but am not excited about the 15mm through axle, I don't believe Hadley has a conversion kit for that.

I'd like to have a one step option from 130 to 150 on a 140 mm travel bike.

BTW, I really like my RS Revelation after 3 years of riding, but I don't see needing a Pike that can go down to 110mm and only up to 140mm. I want to span the 140mm of rear travel on the new frame.

Is anyone aware of such a fork besides the new Fox 32?

·
kneecap
1,643 Posts
If you're looking for a quick slam down & climb feature, Zoke is the only one with their ETA.
08 & earlier only, not available on new offerings. I have 5 of them on an assortment of bikes & won't be discarding them untill that feature returns....

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
I have a Pike on my Ciclon w/ the 5.5 rockers. The full 140mm is a little floppy on steep climbs and on switchbacks. I'll lower it to 130mm or so for steep techy stuff. If I'm riding something like Sedona with all the short ups and downs I may leave it at 135mm for the whole ride. In contrast, I had a Zoke Marathon with the ETA on the 4" travel salty and didn't like it at all. It lowers the front end too much, shortening the wheelbase to the end result of the bike feeling like a turd. My two cents. I don't find a turn or two with the U-turn feature on the Pike to lower the fork 10 to 20mm a big deal at all. If you really want 150mm, maybe try the Lyric.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Marzocchi Z1 Light, 2006 model. If you can find them for sale in any of the online classifieds. I found one a couple months ago in prestine condition (almost new). It's got 130-150mm travel with ETA as well as TAS which allows you to micro adjust in between 130 and 150 as well.

If you don't mind the micro adjustment between 130 and 150, then you'll have more options such as the 55ATA and others. (I replied to your thread in the Ventana forum as well)

JP

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have been running a couple of Manitou forks on my last couple of bikes and have liked what I saw. I had a the 2008 Minute Elite Absolute with the IT (Infinite Travel) adjust. Basically 140 to pretty much 0, mine had the 20mm TA and weighed right around 4lbs.

With swiching frames to a little more travel I picked up a 2007 Nixon Elite - Intrinsic dampening, IT travel (160 mm to 0), also with the 20mm TA. The fork weighs in at just over 4.5lbs. So far so good. Not enough time to advise on longevity, but it feels smooth.

Happy hunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.