Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with my seatpost slipping, and despite all the usual fixes, nothing seems to work. I am going to try a bolt-on collar instead of the QR, but I can't find the size anywhere. I've heard 30.9 and 30.6, plus a few others. My mic is not accurate enough to get a good reading- anyone have the true size before I order something? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I replaced the QR on my '13 T29 SS with a simple 31.8 clamp. Works fine and it's actually pretty minimalist and not super tight.

Just curious what other upgrades you've made to it. I put some Crest wheels on it, an 8sp SRAM chain, a wide flat bar, some eggbeaters, and 2.2 Conti Race Kings run real low. Also changed the gearing. The cheap eccentric works fine for me if I keep it lubed and clean, but that alloy rigid fork is killing me when racing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
31.8 seems huge, but I guess I can order several and send back what does not work. I'm running stock wheelset with a Conti 2.4 front, 2.2 rear. I will be moving the 2.4 to the back when I get a 3.0 Knard for the front (on a new wheel). I'm using an old 10 speed chain that I had, a new much lighter crank with a 34T ring, and a 17T Surly cog. I also replaced the "brakes" or whatever those things that were bolted to it with BB7's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts