Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of giving this a try for the first time this year. Anyone done it? doing it? can tell me about it? Is this too rough for a hard tail ? Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am for the 1st time.Riding a Rigid 9 sp.Karate Monkey.Google race reports and blogs from the 2011 race.I met an individual who herself and husband are involved in the race.Last year they replaced some of the singletrack with logging roads for trail preservation purposes.So from what I've been told and read a decent amount of dirtroads...but also a few rock gardens. Hopefully somebody who's ridden it will chime in.

·
Registered
991 Posts
It's a great race. You need real mountain biking skills for sure. The first part is fast and on fireroads but then you get into some really good singletrack. Yes last year one section was rerouted because of erosion but the section they threw in was rocky and relentless. The remainder of the course is a great mix of fireroads, doubletrack, and singletrack. Such a good course and a really well run race. This will be my 5th time at the wilderness.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,347 Posts
It's not too rough for a HT, as long as your body can take the punishment :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts