Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...okay, so I got a Prophet 4x and am becoming intimately familiar with the lack of a front derailleur and all that. My question is, I have a Crossmax rear wheel--can I convert this to 12mm through-axle? Or do I have to order it that way. I originally bought the wheel for use on my Jekyll, but that has been supplanted by this 4x...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What type of Crossmax is it? I'm assuming its an SL. I do not think that you can convert the Crossmax SL or SLR to a thruaxle. If you do have a XL, you should beable to convert it.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Erwin8r said:
...okay, so I got a Prophet 4x and am becoming intimately familiar with the lack of a front derailleur and all that. My question is, I have a Crossmax rear wheel--can I convert this to 12mm through-axle? Or do I have to order it that way. I originally bought the wheel for use on my Jekyll, but that has been supplanted by this 4x...
Hubs are not convertible unless they are made that way. I own a couple Outlaw wheelsets that can be run as QR or 20mm thru-axle for the front. The rear can be run as QR, Bolt-on and 12mm thru-axle for the rear. The only type of setup these wheelsets cannot run is the 24mm Maverick hub or the Lefty hub.

A front derailleur can be added to the 4X frame.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys--wrong wheel. I actually have a Crossland rear wheel... If it cannot be converted, can you folks recommend a good alternative set of wheels? Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.