Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snaky69 said:
The handling will suck(+45mm is an awful lot), and you might rip out the heatube or crack it or ovalize it if that bike sees any rougher than bike path riding.
The frame manufacturer just informed me that the frame is corected for 80-100mm travel. Will the 125 be a problem still. Do you have any idea if the Fox Vanilla 125R can be adjusted from 125 to 100mmtravel?

Thanks.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Yes, and yes

Yes, it will be a problem if you run a 125mm fork on a frame that the mfr has already told you can handle 80-100mm. People have done it, but re-read snaky69's post over and over until you get the idea. As for the Vanilla's ability to be reduced to 100mm, the answer is yes. I recently purchased a used one, and the seller was willing to reduce it to 100mm if I wanted him to. I left it at 125mm, but seem to recall that adding/removing spacers inside the stanchion is how it's done.

Ask in the Shocks forum. My guess is they might be able to give you instructions on how to reduce the travel.

Good luck with the project.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.