Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
I run a pike fork 140mm, and a ventana crown spacer 7mm, it works super for me, so good that when i went bike holiday in the canarian island, i smoked the local guides on the downs :)

The setup was run on the old LT.

·
just rub some dirt on it
293 Posts
Hope your forks travel dose not top out at 120......if so the BLT2 is the wrong frame.....or the BLT2 is the right frame and you need a fork with more travel. The only time you would
want 120mm of travel is when you are climbing some steeps. I would say for AM or even
xc you would be selling the BLT2 way short (pun intended) with a 120 only fork.

·
Registered
315 Posts
you should be running it at 140mm for most riding unless youre doing some climbing where the lower front would be nicer. the lt2 will be much more fun in 140mm mode for the talas for normal riding conditions.

·
just rub some dirt on it
293 Posts
mtnbkmann said:
I have a 32 Talas and was wondering if I would be able to utilize more than one of the functions. How would 140mm do? Or is that what it was meant for?
Thanks for the help
I have a 32 Talas on my LT1 and it is always at 140 unless I know that I will be climbing
for an extended period. Droping the fork to 120 will lessen the head tube angle and help to keep the front end down on steeper climbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.