Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried to put a 120mm travel fork that is ajustable on the first run blurs? what are the pros and cons with this setup. now i have a 100mm travel fork and want to up grade.

Mort

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wouldn't do it

I put a marathon xc on my blur classic and IMO it changes the geometery too much when I have it set at anything greater than 110mm. I really notice it on steep climbs where the front wheel drift is too much for me to deal with. I run my fork at the lowest setting now (105mm I believe) and that feels the most comfortable. If I had to do it over I would have just put a 100mm fork on there and saved myself some wieght.

·
Registered
62 Posts
mort said:
has anyone tried to put a 120mm travel fork that is ajustable on the first run blurs? what are the pros and cons with this setup. now i have a 100mm travel fork and want to up grade.

Mort
I have a 130mm Fox Float on my 2002 Blur Classic. It slows down the steering by 1 degree to about 70 degrees, which is fine with me. You have to get used to getting your nose towards the stem on steep climbs, but over all it works fine, I love the set up. I do an occasional XC race from now and then and it works fine. For an all trail set up, I wouldn't go back to my 100 mm. I ride semi aggresive, do little jumps of under 3 ft, weigh in under 160 lbs. I have had no problems what so ever in the year since I switched over.

·
Registered
46 Posts
ya talas on mine too

i have a madium classic blur w/ a talas rlc and ride it with 90mm when climbing and with 130 when desending. the extra travel really helps and makes the bike feel more 'balanced' . i dont have to worry about cracking the headtube because i dont weigh much. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.