Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after months of studying bikes i've decided i want an AM bike. I'm looking to spend around $1200 give or take. I know that certain companies are know more as budget bikes and for this price range i feel this is where i'll be looking. I'm looking for a bike with a good, strong, reliable frame it doesn't have to come with XO or XTR as i will just upgrade as i break things, just want that frame to hold up. As far as the fork goes i would like something decent. I know for this price i won't be getting a FOX fork but an alright for is perferred of course. I've looked at IH, Ibex, Jamis, and Haro so far and all seem to have about equal bikes in that price range. Are there anything other options i should be looking at? I'm 6', 160lbs if this helps any. All replies are appreciated and let me know if theres anything else you guys need to know to help me make my decision. Thanks

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
One more source

If you're considering buying online, check bikesdirect.com. I don't know what they have to offer in AM rigs, but they have some good prices on f/s XC bikes. The only other options I can recommend would be buying used, or hunting down leftovers at the LBS.

Let us know how you make out.

Bob

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The K2 Lithium 3.0 from randall scott looks interesting. pretty decent components and only $900 http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8163/.f?sc=7&category=55. then they also have the Lithium 4.0 for $1200 http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8168/.f?sc=7&category=55. I think the Ibex Atlas can be had for under $1200, check the Ibex forum because it seems like everybody that owns one really likes them.

Also check you local shops for deals on 06' leftovers. If you have a Jamis dealer in your area you might be able to get an XLT thats within your budget.

If you do buy used make sure you really do your homework.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.