Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after months of studying bikes i've decided i want an AM bike. I'm looking to spend around $1200 give or take. I know that certain companies are know more as budget bikes and for this price range i feel this is where i'll be looking. I'm looking for a bike with a good, strong, reliable frame it doesn't have to come with XO or XTR as i will just upgrade as i break things, just want that frame to hold up. As far as the fork goes i would like something decent. I know for this price i won't be getting a FOX fork but an alright for is perferred of course. I've looked at IH, Ibex, Jamis, and Haro so far and all seem to have about equal bikes in that price range. Are there anything other options i should be looking at? I'm 6', 160lbs if this helps any. All replies are appreciated and let me know if theres anything else you guys need to know to help me make my decision. Thanks.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Look for '06 Reigns on closeout. You should be able to find a Reign 3 for that much and maybe a Reign 2 for just above it.

If you have a dealers in your area, check with them on what they can do (hint Wheelworld has serious blowouts on them, but you have to know someone in SoCal to pick it up for ya).

Cheers,
EBX

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Inspect the seat tower

Looks like a decent rig, probably priced a tad high. I'd see if $800 would fly.

Those frames are very durable (I used to be a warranty manager for a large Specialized dealer) but when they did fail...more often than not it was at the seatpost tower. Are you able to inspect it before buying? If so, really check the welds closely for any small cracks.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
dogonfr said:
You already mentioned it, Ibex Atlas Sport. :thumbsup:

:cool:
This bike might be the best value in AM bikes available. Order it now and get pre-production pricing.

I have a Heckler... love it. Very similar geometry.

Check the Ibex forum for a ride review...

:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.