Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
no...

Tiffster said:
Nino are you running that on mtb ??

Thought you were a Shimano Dura Ace fan ?
No - that's the derailleur i use on my Addict pictured below. But i honestly see no problems using it offroads as well. that's something i might try next:

10s Titanium Cassette
Red Derailleur

i see no problem with such a setup other that it might be a bit problematic in sticky mud.

People that buy the Lightweight derailleur most probably use it on a roadbike as well.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Road Derailleurs...

Tiffster said:
I wonder how big a cassette the Red rear mech can handle.

Think it would stretch to a 32 cog

I could maybe mod it like i did with the Front mech to run it mtb style.
I use DA on my MTB. it takes 32t.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Nino, how to you put a road bike on MTB? Is there any modifcation need to be done or anything to take note?

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
just mount it!

kiatkiat said:
Hi Nino, how to you put a road bike on MTB? Is there any modifcation need to be done or anything to take note?

Thanks.
no-nothing special at all.

because of the short cage the chain has to be shortened to the minimum but that's all there is to know. my chains still does the big/big gear so there's really nothing special.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
nino said:
No - that's the derailleur i use on my Addict pictured below. But i honestly see no problems using it offroads as well. that's something i might try next:

10s Titanium Cassette
Red Derailleur
i see no problem with such a setup other that it might be a bit problematic in sticky mud.

People that buy the Lightweight derailleur most probably use it on a roadbike as well.
I also want to try the same thing, but using Shimano Derailleur instead :)

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts

Attachments

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
nino said:

10s Titanium Cassette
Red Derailleur

Nice bike. Looks like a small fortune. Nice touch on the Vuma.

Damn Nino, I forget sometimes how hardcore of a weight guy you are. Very nice work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.