Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
I've seen 5" forks on quite a few old Hecklers, but I don't know if it's recommended or not. My guess is not...5"/120mm was a lot of travel in 2000. Give SC a call and see if the old heckler was warrantied for a 5" fork; the warranty will be expired, but it will at least tell you if they think the frame can handle it. Then you just have to decide if the extra travel is worth risking frame damage or really crappy handling.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i have Heckler (2000) and for the last two years have fox talas 125mm on it (and rp3)
i think i have about 4000 miles with this fork and still going strong...
i do everything with this bike from light freeride to xc and every thing in between.
i did not ask SC if its good or not ....
have fun

·
Registered
161 Posts
1st generation Hecklers(at least 00,01's) are spec'd to handle up to 5" travel forks(single and dual crown).I have a 2000 brochure that reassures this. Scott at SC would tell you the same. I have run a 04 Z1 5" for 2 years, no probs. Gives me about 68 deg. HA. I like it alot!:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.