Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been in here in a long time, so maybe this was covered a few days ago. Since it is winter and riding is non existant in some areas I thought I'd post this.
If you have or even not have heard of Robbie Maddison's new years eve jump here it is. Last year he did some 320+ footer ramp to ramp, this year a 120 foot step up followed by a drop right back down........off a roof in Vegas just a few days ago. I know this is not bicycle content but hey, it's winter and this is just effin' sick to see. The footage I am posting actually shows a different angle than most all the footage I could find, it really shows the magnitude of the drop check it out.

http://www.espn.go.com/action/fmx/blog?post=3803562

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Bender!!! Please the new huckster is will white from Fontucky SLocal! Jan Karpiel picked him up earlier this year and red bull rampage turned him down because he was 14yrs old!
Dont diss the kid though, hes getting really good, throws tricks and holds his own racing especially for 14! Good kid, funny too.

BTW that video made me pinch a kiss in the shorts! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arch De Triumph

I figured it had been covered already, anyways it is worth a few extra looks. It is quite sick.
Here is a picture i shot of the arch last spring, my picture makes the arch look small but in the video it sure looks huge.

Attachments

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
It was 98 feet (from the asphalt to the top of the monument, and the drop back down was probably more in the 60-80 feet region (60 feet to top of the transition, which he overshot by a good bit) - but SICK it was, nevertheless. Sombody totally does need to hit that on a mountainbike...I'm sure it's easier to dial in the drop on a pedal bike as opposed to that FMX monster.

It's so cool to see these guys going for these kinds of stunts (Robbie's 320 footer last year, Metzger throwing down the 120 foot backflip over the fountains at Ceasar's Palace in Vegas in '06, now this...). Way to push the sport.

·
Mountain Dew enthusiest
233 Posts
the clutch lever cut into his hand. He had a pretty good gouge. I found it interesting in the pre-jump crap that one of his injuries was a torn scrotum. That would suuuuck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.