Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build up a new wheelset for my Fuel EX. The rear is 12 x 142mm thru. Can anyone recommend a rear hub with quick engagement? Chris King doesn't make a 12 x 142 hub do they?

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love DT hubs. I haven't tried the 36pt engagement upgrade. From what I understand the first run of those were getting shredded by folks. The Chris King adapter looks pretty slick.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MightySchmoePong said:
Mine made it almost 6 months before it failed.

What is your definition of "good"? The DT240 have the 36 point upgrade. I've seen pictures of Chris King 12x142, but not sure if they're actually available.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/10/07...gs-new-142x12-axle-option-inset-1-5-headsets/
I have DT240 hubs and King hubs on another. I haven't tried the 36 point upgrade on the DTs but the King engagement is what I'd consider "good". I don't understand why DT doesn't just make the 36 point upgrade a standard on their hubs. Especially considering the price of a rear hub. At this point I think I'll hold out for the Kings. Hope it doesn't take as long as their bottom bracket

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.