Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Builder of Trails
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother James and I started our drive from central Texas to Park City, UT, for the IMBA Summit on June 14. We drove to Los Alamos, NM, to visit our cousin Mark, who took us on a local ride from his house to Bayo Canyon. Oh, and we also played Rayman's Raving Rabbids on Wii. Man, that game kicks butt!

Anyway, I won't chronicle all the rides I did, just some of the more scenic and memorable.

Bayo Canyon ride

Me riding Phil's World in Cortez, CO. My business partners name this one of their favorite trails. It was fun and flow-y.

We arrived in PC on the Monday before the summit. Here are some of the pictures from that week.

One of my new favorite trails is now at Curt Gowdy State Park in SE Wyoming near Cheyenne. Man, that trail is well designed and built with enough super flow-y, technical, scenic, and cool stuff.

Hidden Falls

I won't bore you with pictures of my hikes at Mt. Rushmore National Memorial or Wind Cave and Badlands National Park.

Oh, I also rode a new trail called Buzzard's Roost in the Black Hills of SD. The last trail I rode was at Blue Mound State Park in WI yesterday. My legs were not up to representing my ego on that trail! I took one of the worst falls I've had in a long time. I misread a gully crossing, augured my front, which pogoed back and threw me off to the side and down about five feet, where I landed on my right side. Ouch. Nothing broken or bruised, but I do have one minor swell in my right thigh.

Today was a much needed day off. I hope to experience some more of WI riding in the near future followed by some PA riding in the State College area.

Any recommendations?

D

·
TeXaS BoY
172 Posts
don;t you ride a ventana. I remember a pic you placed on bikemojo when it snowed in austin I think it was a ventana....?

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Dewayne!

First, let me say: oh, poor baby. Is your wittle weggies tired from all that widing?? I'm *soooo* sorry.
;)

Just kidding. Sounds like a great trip! David's dad and brother live in Park City. In fact, his dad was in attendance at the shindig. (He's in charge of building some new trail by the river.) I hope to get out that way in a month or so.

I'm so proud of you, making your way in the trail-building business, nobody handing you anything--all accomplished by your own efforts and energy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Builder of Trails
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scorpionwoman said:
Dewayne!

First, let me say: oh, poor baby. Is your wittle weggies tired from all that widing?? I'm *soooo* sorry.
;)

Just kidding. Sounds like a great trip! David's dad and brother live in Park City. In fact, his dad was in attendance at the shindig. (He's in charge of building some new trail by the river.) I hope to get out that way in a month or so.

I'm so proud of you, making your way in the trail-building business, nobody handing you anything--all accomplished by your own efforts and energy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hey Clair,

Yeah, my legs got kind of noodley the last two or three rides. :p

And I can't take all the credit for being where I am. Many thanks goes to my brother James, IMBA, and certain masters in the art and science of trail building. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am now. To paraphrase someone else's quote, I'm riding on the shoulders of giants.

austin_bike said:
Bastard! Nice pics, looks like you are having fun. My cubicle has a nice view of the landscape along southwest parkway, but it can't even hold a candle to your trip.
Ah, John, my world traveling friend. You of all people shouldn't be jealous of my trip. Compared to your travels, I have a long way to go to even come close to seeing the sights you've seen. :thumbsup:

D

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
That sounds like a lot of riding. I bet you had a good time. I've never ridden anywhere near 12 days in a row, probably no more than half that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.