Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I damaged my GX Eagle Cassette and Derailleur in a crash. I'm thinking of replacing these components along with the shifter for Shimano XT. The cost would be about the same as long as I don't need to get a new Crank Set and Front chain Ring. Does anyone know if this is compatible? Or does anyone make a Shimano 12 speed chain ring that will fit on a Eagle Direct Mount type crank?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Good Morning,

I damaged my GX Eagle Cassette and Derailleur in a crash. I'm thinking of replacing these components along with the shifter for Shimano XT. The cost would be about the same as long as I don't need to get a new Crank Set and Front chain Ring. Does anyone know if this is compatible? Or does anyone make a Shimano 12 speed chain ring that will fit on a Eagle Direct Mount type crank?

Cheers
before you go any farther....
Does your rear hub take a MicroSpline driver?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's another part of the equation. I have Bontrager Line Comp hubs. The 2020 Fuel EX has an XT version with the same rims. So I'm thinking I should be able to get a Micro spline driver for my wheel.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to verify that for sure. I don't know your hubs, but assume absolutely nothing.
I've checked with Trek, they have Micro Spline drivers in stock in their warehouse, any Trek Dealer can get them in a few days.

Bontrager Micro Spline Driver part number 594204, you also need an end cap part number W586894.

This driver will fit all Line Comp, Line Elite, Line Carbon and Line Pro wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.