Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total Nobbie that is lost and confused.......

Trying to save my E-Thirteen TRS+ wheelset. Planning on upgrading my drivetrain to the new Shimano XT 8100 components which is 12 speed (crank, shifter and rear derailleur). The groupset also came with the 12 speed cassette, however its setup for only Microspline driver. With Microspline driver being very limited for other brand hubs such as E*13........I don't want to shell out money for a new rim set yet that will be compatable with the Shimano's MicroSpline.

In the mean time without getting a new wheelset.......can I run a SRAM, E-Thirteen or any other 12 speed cassette that uses the XD driver (currently on E*13 rear wheel)? Will any 12 speed cassette that is similar to the XT 8100 (10-45T or 10-51T) work with the TRS+ wheelset and XT shifter/rear derailleur?

BTW this is on the 2019 Comp CF 27.5 Jeffsy. Any inputs or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,517 Posts
If I were in your shoes I would re-lace the rim with a XT 12 speed hub. That is bound to be cheaper than a XD 12 speed cassette and you will get all the benefits of the complete Shimano system. Especially if you already have the Microspline cassette.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.