Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My legs are finally recovered. On Saturday I teamed up with Jazznap for 12 looong hours of racing. We raced two man and finished somewhere in the middle of about 15 two man teams completing nine laps before calling it quits. The course was a killer with 1500 feet of climbing per lap.

I guess the big news was that a woman dominated the whole field. Monique "Pua" Sawicki knocked of "Desert" Dan Cain and the rest of the men. I am not sure if that embarassing or just a sign of the times. I think she put about 50 minutes on Desert Dan. Does anyone think Monique can go to the "Old Pueblo" and put the hurt on the Arizona boys?:) I think the boys will be ready over in Arizona.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
borregokid said:
I guess the big news was that a woman dominated the whole field. Monique "Pua" Sawicki knocked of "Desert" Dan Cain and the rest of the men. I am not sure if that embarassing or just a sign of the times. I think she put about 50 minutes on Desert Dan. Does anyone think Monique can go to the "Old Pueblo" and put the hurt on the Arizona boys?:) I think the boys will be ready over in Arizona.
Great job on the race B-kid! You ask if Pua is planning on going to Old Pueblo? Well yes she is! But she is going for fun. We are racing on a 5 person co-ed team. She will obviously be the fastest in our group. We also have her husband Ron "O'hana", Gerrit (singlespeed legend), Scott (light as a Bird) and myself on the team. O'hana wants to go for the win while the rest of us are going for fun (and to win :thumbsup:)
It should be a fun time. Look for us, we should all be wearing the Mata jerseys.

andy

·
Registered
22 Posts
So let me get this straight? The Just For Fun category...that myself and a few pretty green racers were going to race is going to have a Pro Racer racing in it? ;)

Or are you racing Just For Fun in co-ed 5 person?

It's not like we were thinking we're going to give your squad a run for your money, but let me ask you this - are you guys going to ride backwards?or with only 1 foot in? Now talk about dishing out the pain... :eekster: :eekster: :eekster:

IS IT TOO LATE TO GET MY $ BACK??? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
surlygirl1x1 said:
So let me get this straight? The Just For Fun category...that myself and a few pretty green racers were going to race is going to have a Pro Racer racing in it? ;)
Or are you racing Just For Fun in co-ed 5 person?
It's not like we were thinking we're going to give your squad a run for your money, but let me ask you this - are you guys going to ride backwards?or with only 1 foot in? Now talk about dishing out the pain... :eekster: :eekster: :eekster:
IS IT TOO LATE TO GET MY $ BACK??? :thumbsup:
Is there a "Just for Fun" category? We will be racing in the 5-person Coed division.
Personally, I will be out there trying my hardest, but I will be out there for the fun of it as well. I haven't discussed riding backwards with any of my teammates, but to be honest, I don't think they will go for it. The goal of the team is to try our hardest and maybe come out with the most laps overall and the win. If we try our hardest and win and get the most laps overall, then it will be a spectacular day! :thumbsup:
Come by and say Hi. We will be wearing Mata Jerseys. Just look for the fun people!!!!

·
Social Retard
144 Posts
borregokid said:
I guess the big news was that a woman dominated the whole field. Monique "Pua" Sawicki knocked of "Desert" Dan Cain and the rest of the men. I am not sure if that embarassing or just a sign of the times. I think she put about 50 minutes on Desert Dan.
Just to clarify, agewise Pua could be Dan's daughter. So, let's hear it for the old guys still hangin tough...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aword4you said:
Pua's a great endurance racer.

Congrats on your race! How was it doing 2-man? Did you guys switch up every lap? I may have to try that one of these days :)
We ran a little different lap combo. Jazznap took the first lap and then I ran 2, Jazznap1, and then 1-1-1- giving me five and Jazznap four. I was pretty gassed at the end. Probably needed more hill climb training up Montezuma out of Borrego Springs.

Desert Dan ran a rigid frame Fisher 29er for all of his laps. Wonder if that would make me faster?:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
borregokid said:
My legs are finally recovered. On Saturday I teamed up with Jazznap for 12 looong hours of racing. We raced two man and finished somewhere in the middle of about 15 two man teams completing nine laps before calling it quits. The course was a killer with 1500 feet of climbing per lap.

my legs are finally recovered too! ugh, 6 laps on my SS. it was a great race though. for sure well worth the really, really, really long drive down from SF.

and Monique was amazing! nothing like getting lapped...twice :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.