Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"12 Hours Of Temecula" race recap

The 2007 race season starts in sunny Southern California with a bang. With the biggest turnout yet for the " 12 Hours of Temecula " race series , we set our sights on killer competition and achieving new personal bests!
The competition this years heats up with an overall victory going to possibly America's top female endurance racer, Monique "Pua" Sawicki. It was great to see Monique so good after her terrible crash last year. She is looking incredibly strong and efficient. She took the Pro womens division and overall solo victory by over 5 minutes (10:55) in a hard faught battle with mens solo Pro winner Yuri Hauswald (11:00). These two riders are nothing short of amazing! Both riders completed 11 laps with over 115 miles in just over 11 hours. " Desert" Dan Cain last years overall series winner took second place in the mens solo pro division, also with 11 laps. While First time Pro womens division competitor Mary Collier took second with 8 laps just under 11 hours. One of the best battles of the day was in the solo singlespeed division with the top 3 racers ( Mike Hileman, Matt cheney, and Phil Kramer) all completing 10 laps within a half hour of each other. Another noteable race was happening for Geoladders own Doug Andrews who won the solo masters division and came in 3rd overall with 11 laps at 11:22 just 27 minutes off the leaders.
The weather was a frightful chilly in the morning but warmed up to be a beautiful sunny day with barley a cloud in the sky. The course was running fast and fun with rollercoater ridgeline downhills and technical descents. Plus we have to mention the most popular 2 hike-a-bike sections which were a crowd favorite! All in all it was a fantastic race with a lot of fun to be had by all.

We have changed the name of the series from the " 12 Hours of Temecula " to the
"12 Hours of Socal ". We are in the process of securing a few more venues and setting up some more races around Southern Ca. Next year look for the Southern California endurance series to be in full effect. Our current website is www.12hrsoftemecula.com and the new website is www.socalendurance.com .

As for now we look forward to seeing you all at the next race at Vail Lake Resort in Temecula Ca. on June 16, 2007 9:00-9:00 and the series championship at Vail Lake resort on November 17, 2007.

Check out the website for more details including a complete list of results and registration for our upcoming races.

GREAT JOB TO ALL THE RACERS WHO COMPETED ON ONE OF THE HARDEST COURSES OF THE SERIES!!

Jason Ranoa
SoCal Endurance
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pitchers!

RANOACLAN said:
A Special Thanks To Michael Mcclure For The Amazing Pitures!!!
Jason --

My son Willie and I had such a great time out there biking (The Old Man and The Kid team). Thanks so much to you, Heather and all the folks that make up this huge family. Everyone was so great.

And special props have to go out to Pua Sawicki for pulling Willie out of the bushes on his first lap (apparently, he was upside down, with the bike on top of him when she rode by!). I did not know that she took the time out of her record setting pace to do this until I read Ron's article about the race up on the Team Mata site (check it out on their current News page). Pretty freakin' cool of her. And indicative of the generosity and good vibe we felt all day long. Thank you all.

Glad you like the pics! I was glad to be able to send them to you. If anyone wants a print of any of the shots I took (the full size pics are full 6 megapixel images, and prints look awesome), please go to my website, pull down the main menu and go to the Out There Biking gallery then click on the 12 Hours of Temecula link in there). Print sales help me subsidize my photography work and my site, but you all are welcome to spread around these smaller revs to anyone you think would like them. Thanks a lot.

Michael

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Na Eric you da MAN

Great job out there Eric. Depite the challenges you had you still managed a great race. Plus the race is a little different this year. We tally laps vs points. So it will be a lot tighter this year. If someone misses a race that could be 10-12 laps missed out on. Any way you should look at getting a pink bike asap. Just kidding but dont tell Dan. That bike is a killer!
Have a great day and I look forward to seeing you soon!
Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.