Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys just an update on the current state of affairs for the Nov 15th 12 Hour Race.
We would like to welcome Chumba Bikes on board for the vender / demo setup. It is a pleasure to have another local bike manufacturer supporting our little race series. For more tech info check out www.chumbaracing.com
EZ-UP one of our major partners and contributers will be on hand to show off the latest and greatest inthe Ez-Up lineup. Ez-Up will be offering a 15-20% discount on all shelters at the race. If you were considering a custom shelter for the 2009 season I suggest making your way to Ez-up tent and striking up a deal! for more info on Ez-up products check out www.ezupdirect.com
We are also experiencing a little issue with preriding on the weekend of Nov 8th. Vail Lake will be opening thier new down hill trails that weekend. What that means to us is the the main connector trail (The upper fireroads and the Ambulance climb ) will be closed to bikes. There will be shuttle trucks up and down the fireroads. The best time to preride will be during the week. I will be marking the trails on Monday Nov 10th.
This race is shaping up to be the largest mountain bike gathering SoCal has seen in a long time. I am very excited to be a part of the fun! Check out the website for more Info!!!!
www.12hrsoftemecula.com

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey Jason -
With Laird and the Granny Gear crew pulling out for 2009, any chance of making the June 09 Race a 12 and 24hr event, I know it's a ton of work, but it would seem that you'd have a fair amount of people show for both (much like the 24HOA crew does the 8hr and 24hr races at the same event).... thoughts?

Just a personal thank you - I think you run some of the best events around and give back so much more than anyone expects. It's people like you that make this sport so great. Thanks man, keep it up.

Greg Dolder

·
Go Fast, Take Chances.
204 Posts
Just a question, but is it going to be possible to race both the XC and the Super D on Saturday? It seems like I would be cutting it close(to make the shuttle) if I tried both. I would like to do the XC because I am interested in racing the rest of the winter series, but I am already going to be doing both the Super D and DH.

·
Registered
178 Posts
jonathan_sykes81 said:
Just a question, but is it going to be possible to race both the XC and the Super D on Saturday? It seems like I would be cutting it close(to make the shuttle) if I tried both. I would like to do the XC because I am interested in racing the rest of the winter series, but I am already going to be doing both the Super D and DH.
Awesome! I am going to say yes, think of it as a good warm up! I guess it depends on the class that you will be racing on how long the course should take. I am confident that you will have enough time because I myself am planning on racing the Super D also. Oh and then the DH on Sunday! I am planning on the XC awards to be right after the Super D. There sounds to be quite a few that want to do both events!

·
Registered
178 Posts
jonathan_sykes81 said:
Jason,
I am racing both Hillbilly Bash races and was going to arrive Friday afternoon and preride the 12hr course. Is that going to be ok? I was just going to download the GPS file from geoladders and follow the route that way.
You will be able to pre ride Friday afternoon but not over the weekend due to shuttle trucks using the fireroads. We really don't want anyone to get hurt ya kno?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jason your events are Awesome!! If you put on a 24 hour race I'll gladly sign up for the punishment. Thanks for the first rate event yesterday. Your good natured spirit and passion for Mt. biking shows in how your events are run.

See you in Jan. and when you announce a 24. :thumbsup:

Best Regards
Tommy Thompson

P.S. SSspider I dig my new Johnny tshirt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts