Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
It ain't easy being Green
1,208 Posts
Great Course

Hi Jason,

My crew met you on the trails last Friday, it was great talking to you!
We were back today and I'd like to say thanks for the great course marking; we had made a few errors following your directions last time but the new markers make the route really obvious.

I'm not too happy about that nasty downhill off the mesa, but that's only cause I binned it the first time :)

We're all stoked about the race and can't wait for the 24th. Hope the weather holds up!

Sdcadbiker

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looking to Join a Team

I am looking to join a two, three or four man team. I raced in one of the races last season on a two man team, and we came in fourth or fifth place. My teammate from last year does not like to race in the winter. I commute to work by bike so even in the winter I am in "ok" shape to race. Overall my attitude is that I would like to be in a position to take a shot at the podium, but I would not sell my first born to get there. If anyone thinks I might be a good fit for their team, please post or send a PM to me.

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
I rode almost that exact route on Friday. I guess you were the guy in the red truck putting out the markers. I was the guy in the blue Tacoma with the grey Epiphany. Thanks for the directions. That ride is well worth the 5 bucks.I rode up and down the bmx section 4 times it was so much fun.

·
Registered
94 Posts
excuse my stupid question...

I'm thinking of signing up for next weekend's race but I'd like to preride the course first. So from what I gather on this thread, I can head on out to Vail Lake this weekend, pay 5 bucks and just follow the course markings that are out there? Right?

I've done the GG races there but have never ridden at any other time so I'm wondering about access.

thanks

·
1,208 Posts
Exactly!

It is probably a good idea to print out the course instructions from the web site too; there were a couple of important markers missing (maybe knocked down) last weekend, including the important turnoff onto the "bridges" single track.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update

Hey Racers and Pit crews,
We are a week away from the start of the 2009 endurance season. The upcoming Jan 24Th race is looking super strong and exciting. We are welcoming back the endurance legend Tinker Juarez to the SoCal Endurance scene! I love watching Tinker cruz the course. Of course His cruising is all done in big ring! Along with Tinker are a host of endurance racings top pro's. It is truly a pleasure to have such a rich field for the first race of 2009.
Once again Socal Endurance welcomes the bike industries top companies to our world class vendor area. Some of our bike industry friends include:
Intense Cycles ( Headlining sponsor )
Ellsworth Bicycles
Turner Bicycles
Cannondale Bicycles
Hammer Nutrition ( Gold sponsor )
Spinergy Wheels ( Gold Sponsor )
Pro Motion Sportswear ( Gold Sponsor )
Ez-Up Direct ( Gold Sponsor )
Intense Tires ( Gold Sponsor )
Vigor Helmets ( Gold Sponsor )
THE ( Gold Sponsor )
AYUP Lighting
Niterider Lights
Cycopath Bike Shop ( Gold Sponsor )
Nimbus Water
ESI Grips
Murrieta Chiropractic
Wiens Winery
Plus many more vendors and services to come and check out!

Please support our sponsors and partners. They support you!

Because of our sponsors we have tons of stuff for the legendary "12 Hour" raffle. This will be the biggest raffle to date! Over $5000 worth of swag for our racers. Plus don't forget the "12 Hour" performance tickets we give away. This race we will be giving away more than $500 in cash. Plus the $50 fastest lap both men and women, and the $50 for the fastest parade lap. So stick around and collect your prizes!

For 2009 we have added a few races to our SoCal Endurance calender. My Mission is to provide Southern California with the best race experience possible! For the second race in the "12 Hour" series we will be up in the mountains outside of Big Bear, Ca. Rim Nordic Ski Resort will be hosting our second "12 Hour" race of the year. The Rim Nordic race promises to be a classic for SoCal. The trails are super fun and challenging. The scenery is second to none! This will be an epic adventure. On October 3rd we will host the first annual SoCal Fat Tire Epic. The Race will be held at Vail Lake resort in Temecula, CA. This is truly going to be an Epic race. The top tier of racers will be competing on almost 100 miles of amazing Southern California trails. There will also be smaller distances to suit all riders. Along challenging day in the saddle that will prove to be a SoCal Favorite. Also stay tunes for a couple more exciting events on some of SoCals classic trails. There will be a press release in about a month with some exciting news for a series of races that will ROCK the SoCal Crowd! Of course we will end the year with the "12 Hour Championship at Vail Lake resort in November!
A quick note, we are up and running with the
"Southern California Interscholastic High School Mountain Bike League". This is an amazing opportunity for us to give back to the sport we love. SoCal Endurance will host the first Race of the Year for the High School league. The first race will be held at Vail Lake resort on March 8th. This promises to be a historic moment in SoCal Mountain biking. I am honored to be a part of it! Please check out www.socaldirt.com for more info.

A couple of notes to all racers and crews:
- Please have each team member print out, sign, and bring a race waiver to the check in. This will greatly speed up the check in process. The waiver is attached to this email.
- Check in for the race is Friday evening from 4:30 to 6:00 pm and 6:00 to 7:30 Saturday morning. All racers must check in prior to race. Number plates will not be given until full team has checked in.
- The pit area for the race is any grassy area around the Huck Finn Pond and pool area. Driving on to the grass in not allowed. Teams must unload and load all pit equipment in the parking lot and walk to pit setup areas. The early birds get the best spots. It is first come first served.
- Renaud catering will be on hand to provide all your dining needs. Get ready for the best tri tip sandwiches.
- water is available on site but please don't depend on us to keep you hydrated. Racers need to bring water!
- Intense Cycles, Canondale, Turner, and Ellsworth will be on site with full demo setups for all to try. Spinergy will have demo wheels on hand also.
- Cycopath Bike shop will be on hand to help with all your biking needs. Cycopath is also allowing a 10% discount on all race supplies and equipment this week. Plus I am sure They will help you out with a new bike if that is what you need! Just tell them you are participating in the race.
also Cycopath is offering a $50 race tune up this week. These guys rock and I appreciate the support!
J

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jason, nice seeing you out there this weekend. Good work on the course. There's nothing like 9 miles of single track fun! We have 3 pro solos and 2 teams signing up for this one.

Feel free to join us at the Don's tent for a cold one. I mean after 9:00 PM of course! :)

See you Saturday!
AL

·
1,208 Posts
Nice Course!

Jason,

Good call on re-routing the downhill from the mesa; that little rabbit trail would get pretty chewed up with all the race wheels!

I have a question: in the BMX section are we going up & over or down and around the steeps? Your course instructions say "either or" and there were no arrows on the trail; can we choose which route on race day?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.