Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a buddy of mine got it wrong on his bike & he will be out of work for much longer than anticipated as he rolled away in the ambulance.

12 broken ribs, 2 broken shoulders, 1 broken clavicle & 1 cracked clav
icle.

Despite insurance, he will be experiencing some out of pocket expenses that I dont believe anyone really prepares for.

So if you can help out, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/kai-serran...mx12TPWglKXF6NBimeQ4GfuAxCYWsmuV96Y41fVEotnZA

If you cant contribute, fully understandable, however if you know of a better way to get this out there in the cycling community, please forward this info.

Kai has a heart of gold, funny to be around & evidently has bones thinner than a bird that are as brittle as an 80 year old..

Thanks for reading, aby

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,215 Posts
Jesus, that's harsh. Keep his spirits up for the recovery!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you ever seen a hockey player get slammed into the boards? Kai did that to a van. He was going around a corner, the front end slid out & he found a van going to opposite way, the van was approaching a light, so the van was almost stopped. 1 second earlier, could have been fatal, 1 second later & this thread wouldnt have been created.

Kai has been working on a sit down trainer, going for walks; kinda scary IMO, but all is well for the most part.

Yeah, his head, knees, legs, everything else is fine. I think his biggest issue at the moment is pain from sneezing.

Luckily for his entire family, that his wife has a bidet! He cant reach a thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.