Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet Ride! I always think of Desert Classic as "easy", but 20 miles of DC will work you. After going all the way to the Telegraph paved circle, we climbed up Goat trail to the helipad, taking the most that Desert Classic side of SoMo can offer. I'm all tuckered out now. Thanks to liteandfast Dave and Patti for organizing. Also in attendance were CactusJoe, PaulB, dsittman, BIGHORN LEW, NoelG, and the Rixster. And Chongoman Bob made a special guest appearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey, saw you guys. Me and Chris started a Warpaint, did the helipad and then went out to the ruins. We explored a bit past there and found a trail that go's around to sanjuan. It was a great day to be riding.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
latedropbob said:
Good to see durtgurl back on the bike. Love that one of cactusjoe with his flask of cactus juice!
Thanks - it's good to be back on the bike!!! My fitness sux but will return. The shoulder is still a bit stiff and sore but once riding I forget all about it - the hardest part is getting in and out of a sports bra ;) Good news is that the hot tub heater was repaired while we were out riding...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Man I am jealous.

If I had any real MTB experience besides urban riding stuff, I would love to come. As for now though, you guys would be cruising at 4mph :p

·
my dog's Frisbee launcher
513 Posts
Looks like fun! Thanks for the photos guys.
we'll be at the kids house in Phoenix for X-mas .
so I think we need to check this out on Friday.

Happy Christmas all...cheers, Billy and Christi

·
Dave
899 Posts
Awsome Ride Folks

Man that trail will tire you out when you don't drink enough water. The temps were near perfect and I dressed just right, but I didn't even drink 70 ounces. Thanks all for showing up for a Posted Ride. JB thanks for the juice (cactus juice?) PaulB great talking to ya while riding. Patti did you enjoy the ride? I got to get faster I couldn't catch her all day, next time I'm only giving her a 5 min head start. :madman: At least she liked the bike, first real ride on it. :thumbsup:

Billy I will be out of town next Friday. Missed riding with ya today you would have kicked butt.

Rating: By the sound of people's physical exhaustion I would rate this a solid B ride. Rixter you're moving up quick man. Don't over sleep tonight.:nono:

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
I LOVE RIDE REPORTS!!! Especially a ride I partook (not sure if that's a real word or not) in. Great pics! Cool meeting you all too :thumbsup: A refreshing pint of Guiness at home was the icing on the cake :cool:

Thanks for the shot of cactus juice too JB.

Cheers! Dave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.