Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I liked how the video wasn't engulfed with loud death metal or techno background "music". Very nice simple vid. Thanks for posting.

At 5:35 the tool who shouts "come on"....big peeve. No ****, like we don't know to pedal faster. Guy in back of singletrack bottleneck should be shouting at himself for being on the short end of the accordion and not realizing during his course scouting there maaaaay be tire rubbing in these areas. Reminds me of the guy at the 45 minute mark of my last 8 hour race shouting to get moving otherwise we'd lose contact with the leaders. It's always the guys nowhere near the podium with pent up anxiety.

·
XCdude
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know about the music, but if no music people complain haha, so is a tough thing to figure out. But at least you like it.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Wow, these guys are working hard, but that course was very uninspiring. Obviously we did not see all of it, but what we did see was better suited to a cross bike. Still, great video.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It was 11 mins of a 35 mile race. 2 laps were 4700 + feet of climbing. There was some good singletrack from what i was told. And it was from a pro i know who finished in the top 25

·
DFMBA.org
1,874 Posts
Probably a couple hundred grand with of bikes in that vid.

Sent from my mountain bike while crashing

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Keep in mind it's one of the first races of the season for many thus the relatively tame course. But pain is still pain no matter time of year, distance or elevation gained.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I see a couple of my neighbors in that video!! Right at the start.

Jason Sager on Backcountry.com (finished 22nd), and Justin Lindine with Redline (finished 26th). Justin lives just a few blocks from me and is a CX racer, so he probably wished he had his CX bike.

Also pretty cool to see Evelyn Dong (Backcountry.com) move up the ranks so quick!! Seems like it was a couple years ago she was racing our local women's sport class. Now she got 3rd in the Sea Otter women's pro!! They way she's progressing she may have to start racing in Europe. Not sure if the $$ is better.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
I see a couple of my neighbors in that video!! Right at the start.

Jason Sager on Backcountry.com (finished 22nd), and Justin Lindine with Redline (finished 26th). Justin lives just a few blocks from me and is a CX racer, so he probably wished he had his CX bike.

Also pretty cool to see Evelyn Dong (Backcountry.com) move up the ranks so quick!! Seems like it was a couple years ago she was racing our local women's sport class. Now she got 3rd in the Sea Otter women's pro!! They way she's progressing she may have to start racing in Europe. Not sure if the $$ is better.
Yeh, watched Evelyn hold her own at Bonelli this year! I had no idea who she was, but she seems to have risen thru the ranks rapidly!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Nice. Hammering on two laps would be a bit much. I had read that the pro's only raced 1 lap. It was a 25 mile course with 3,500+ ft of elevation. How hard can you go for how long? Pro CX racing is only 60 minutes and nothing even close to 3,500 ft of elevation if any at all.

·
XCdude
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That information has been like that for a few years now.

Nice. Hammering on two laps would be a bit much. I had read that the pro's only raced 1 lap. It was a 25 mile course with 3,500+ ft of elevation. How hard can you go for how long? Pro CX racing is only 60 minutes and nothing even close to 3,500 ft of elevation if any at all.
This year it was 2 laps about 18 miles each. most people got caught without food. Sauser winning time was 2 hrs.:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts