Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's disgusting how sweet that is. But I'm still happy with my ~160g proshift derailleur (with al bolts and plastic pulleys). Only 42 grams heavier and $735 cheaper. And there is still room for weight-savings: drilled pulleys, ti springs, carbon plates, etc.

It will be nice to see this carbon technology become less expensive and trickle down to less expensive parts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
AdamGSmed said:
It's disgusting how sweet that is. But I'm still happy with my ~160g proshift derailleur (with al bolts and plastic pulleys). Only 42 grams heavier and $735 cheaper. And there is still room for weight-savings: drilled pulleys, ti springs, carbon plates, etc.

It will be nice to see this carbon technology become less expensive and trickle down to less expensive parts.
You said that your light der. was only 45 bucks....is it grip shift compatable? and where did you get it?
thanks
peace

·
Registered
72 Posts
That was about 9 months ago when Cambria bike was selling them. Near the end, they actually had a special $25 call-in price. I am pretty sure that they are out of them now. They pop up on ebay now and then though.

I'm using it with triggers right now and it works perfectly, but I bought a set of Sachs Gripshifts which I'll test out when I get back from college. I know that people have used Proshift rear derailleurs with gripshift, but I think the consensus is that it works, but not quite as well as, for example, an XTR setup. Read the reviews and archives on this website though. In the reviews section, it's labeled under brand name "Bombshell." Also, you will probably only find the much more common small cage model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.