Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a 110mm rear disc hub that I can use with a redline Monocog frame? I am thinking about building a new SS based on the steel Redline frame and wanted to be sure that discs would be an option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Call WebCyclery

Someone must, because WebCyclery is selling frame/fork/wheels and Avid mech. disc brakes for $350. So they must be using a disc hub, but I don't know what it is.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Chris King makes one. It is their BMX hub with disc.

Stealth made a hub that would work....however it was a boat anchor.

mtnbikej

·
Registered
354 Posts
FF disc adapter

sswamprat said:
Does anyone make a 110mm rear disc hub that I can use with a redline Monocog frame? I am thinking about building a new SS based on the steel Redline frame and wanted to be sure that discs would be an option.
Check W/ on-one, or Atom lab, I think one or both of them make a disc adapter for Flip flop hubs, either Big and big like a surly hub or a big and small like most bmx flip flop hubs, there pretty cheap if I remember corectly. Make sure that the adapter is the right size to fit the side that you will not be using a freewheel on. Redline now makes a hub for the monocog, but I'm not sure if you can buy it as hub only. Many FF bmx hubs can be made for cheap at dans comp online, sold in pairs for $60-$130 or more per pair. Remember though that most bmx race hubs are only sold in 36 hole, but you maybe able to find 26" rims cheaper online in 36 hole versions.
I have also seen a guy at a Bike shop in Redmond Wa put a 135 spot hub in a steel mono cog, just streached it a bit, said it wasn't too hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.