Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
WARRANTY CLAIMS. Intense promises that Intense frames will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. This limited warranty applies to the original owner only and is nontransferable. The original owner must register his/her purchase within 90 days on the Intense website Register Bike Page.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
That's pretty much how all bike manufacturer warranties work. It applies only to the original owner. No manufacturer could afford to warranty frames forever. It's one of the main reasons people pay less for used stuff. What you see is what you get, as is.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,789 Posts
Find a good welder that can fix it, that generally means a custom bike frame maker, as working with frame tubes usually takes some extra care, as most industrial welders do not deal much with aluminum or the required heat-treating. Call around to companies like waltworks and see if they can fix it or have any ideas on who to send it to. Would be helpful to post some pictures.

·
No known cure
5,600 Posts
I once stripped a Rocky Mountain down for new powder. There were cracks everywhere and I had my neighbor who's a fabricator throw down beads over the cracks. I then drove it down for a heat treat.

Did you ask Intense if they would repair it?

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Original post: I bought a used frame and it cracked after 3 rides, even though I weigh as much as Twiggy. Even though Intense's web site says original owners only, has anyone ever been able to circumvent their lawyer-ese?

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,786 Posts
Original post: I bought a used frame and it cracked after 3 rides, even though I weigh as much as Twiggy. Even though Intense's web site says original owners only, has anyone ever been able to circumvent their lawyer-ese?
Lol, I was reading this and wondering exactly how it was worded. Thanks for summarizing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.