Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into upgrading my wife's GX 11 speed (XD driver) cassette to one that has a larger range, something like 11-46. However, I have been largely disappointed with my search results...Nothing. Being a Shimano guy myself I don't know much about Sram compatibility.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Formerly of Kent
13,148 Posts
Looking into upgrading my wife's GX 11 speed (XD driver) cassette to one that has a larger range, something like 11-46. However, I have been largely disappointed with my search results...Nothing. Being a Shimano guy myself I don't know much about Sram compatibility.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Do you mean 10-46? Because an 11-46 has LESS range than a "standard" XD 11s, 10-42 cassette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Wow. Thanks for that suggestion. Any economic options that you're aware of?
Yeah, this offering by SunRace that I heard of from another thread:
I couldn't find it on the subrace page, so I linked to the CRC page instead for reference, although it's out of stock..
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sunrace-11-speed-xd-cassette/rp-prod186874

Info came from this thread btw:
https://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-shifters-derailleurs-cranks/sunrace-10-46t-1088584.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I was running an E*thirteen 9-46. Great range but the shifting seemed better w/ the Sram cassette. Went back to the Sram cassette and a 30t elliptical front ring.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Currently using this drivetrain:

• e*thirteen TRS+ 9-46 cogs (older version, with 3 aluminum plates)
• XTR m9100 medium cage RD
• XTR m9100 shifter (set to 12 speed)
• XTR m9020 cranks (165mm)
• KMC X11EL chain

Sent using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.