Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was bored this rainy morning so wandered around Amazon and came across this bleed screw for 11 speed brakes.
Automotive tire Product Tread Camera accessory Tire

Didn't know there were 11 speed brakes... guess this one only goes to eleven?
If you use this on a 12 speed bike, will your 11 speed brakes fail to stop you?
=sParty

· Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They work perfectly until you get to the big cog. Then they don't work at all.
Ha! And to think until now I'd assumed they'd work on the big cog but not the little one. Whew! From now on I'll know which one to avoid. :)
=sParty

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Ha! And to think until now I'd assumed they'd work on the big cog but not the little one. Whew! From now on I'll know which one to avoid. :)
=sParty
Lord, the high gear is the high speed gear! definitely need brakes for that. The big cog is the climb gear, you're only using that when you're doing 3-6 mph up a steep hill. Who needs brakes for that?

What kind of fool designers did you think made these 11 speed brakes?

· Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
18,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lord, the high gear is the high speed gear! definitely need brakes for that. The big cog is the climb gear, you're only using that when you're doing 3-6 mph up a steep hill. Who needs brakes for that?

What kind of fool designers did you think made these 11 speed brakes?
This is America -- I expect they'd design them to eliminate functioning in the gear you'd most them in.

How better to motivate you to buy new 12-speed brakes?
=sParty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.