Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching online for a dealer with 18" black 2011 KM framesets available. No joy though.

My LBS looked at me like I was nuts. "Why would you want to buy a frame and components separately? Don't you know that's expensive?" When I explained the complete bike wasn't quite what I wanted, they were perplexed, "Why not pick a different brand and just buy an off-the-shelf complete bike?" they said. I was flummoxed. Didn't they want my business? :confused:

Anyway, anyone able to point me to an online source with these frames in stock?

Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've had other head-scratcher situations at that same LBS. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of options near where I live, which is why I'm looking on-line now.

Thanks for the feedback on QBP and back-order times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Probably too late in replying, but I just ordered a frameset from one of Surly's beard guy dealers and he said that all the 11 KM frames were gone until July except for 5 16" (it was 6, but I'm getting one) and a couple of 22". Unless you've got someone (like speegoat) that has one in a warehouse, it'll be used or July. :eek:

Sorry!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.