Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Upgrade Addict
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a very good deal on a new 11-32 XT cassette (M760). My question is, will I notice a big difference in the two? I am assuming that the smaller ring would give an easier granny gear??? Is that correct?

Duck? Any advice?

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
Depends on where you live

I think the 34 is nice for the long climbs and really steep stuff, but if you don't ride that stuff a 32 will work great. A 32 will just force you to do more pushing while the 34 might allow you to spin.

Chris

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
I don't ride a Giant yet...

johnmre said:
I can get a very good deal on a new 11-32 XT cassette (M760). My question is, will I notice a big difference in the two? I am assuming that the smaller ring would give an easier granny gear??? Is that correct?

Duck? Any advice?
But I'm in the market for an NRS. When going to the smaller cog on the rear, you lose some granny, not gain it. I switched a few months back from an 34 to a 32, and I've found it to be fine, and I ride mostly hills. A little more effort is required on the really steep stuff, but after a few months I don't really notice. Its forced me to become stronger, although I don't know if thats the proper way to seek strength. Everyones going to be different though, and like the other post said, it depends on where you ride the most. The difference wasn't that huge for me, and I'm not exactly the strongest rider out there. I say go for it. They aren't that expensive anyway, and if its a good deal like you said, you haven't much to lose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts