Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Perpetually single track
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
For those who are going, conditions were good last night. Bit chillier tonight, but it should be good, and if you're lucky you might get some freshies...
 

·
Now Uploading
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
frozen gibblets

ibmkidIII said:
For those who are going, conditions were good last night. Bit chillier tonight, but it should be good, and if you're lucky you might get some freshies...
Although I have gear to dress for all conditions, I doubt anyone else would show up tonight if these winds don't die down. Supposed to be below 20 with the windchill. Cold is OK, riding in the wind on GM sucks. I'll have to look at things again late this afternoon.

Whenever we ride there at night next, will probably be on this winter SS, putting the Nokian studded tires on it when we get ice/snow cover. And with this gear, I could probably crank up Belcher Hill seated. :p

Cheers,

Dave
 

Attachments

·
Now Uploading
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
ibmkidIII said:
Sweet ride Dave, what's the gearing?
33:22 at the moment, but have 32T-34T chainrings and a few freewheels to play with. On my steel SS, I normally run 32:20. Built this white aluminum one with the original parts from the steel Monocog. There's a pic down in this thread somewhere if interested:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=137089

Figured this white one would make a good winter SS, and should be fun on night rides. Minus a few old hand-me-down parts that I had no further use for anyway, I don't think I have $400 in that bike.

Cheers,

Dave
 

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
mtbdirteater said:
Although I have gear to dress for all conditions, I doubt anyone else would show up tonight if these winds don't die down. Supposed to be below 20 with the windchill. Cold is OK, riding in the wind on GM sucks. I'll have to look at things again late this afternoon.
Yep, I already bailed from tonight's ride. 20s are alright, but 20s with wind is just too cold for me, especially my feet. Gotta get some wool socks and/or liners or something.
 

·
Now Uploading
Joined
·
1,110 Posts
Jdub said:
Yep, I already bailed from tonight's ride. 20s are alright, but 20s with wind is just too cold for me, especially my feet. Gotta get some wool socks and/or liners or something.
I still have some of those old thick Perl Izumi rubber booties, the ones with tread on the bottom. They work pretty well with bike shoes and wool socks, but I wouldn't know where to get another pair like them anymore.

Not looking like a ride tonight.

Cheers,

Dave
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top