Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be great if someone can comment. I recently receive end caps from Reynolds to convert my 10x135mm QR to 12x142mm for the rear 29er Carbon wheels. The problem is the end cap on the cassette side will not fit. The diameter of flange of 12x142mm is too big and will not fit into the cassette body. The rear cassette is 10 speed SRAM XX (X glide) from 2011. Anybody run into this problem?

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
Have you taken the cassette off & then fitted the end cap, Then refit the cassette .

That is how I had to do mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Refitting the cassette

yes, I understand the procedure. The problem is that the end caps provided to me by Reynolds has a outside flange that is too large for it to fit into the "freehub body." The end cap needs to fit into it for me to reseat the sprockets onto the freehub body and the lockring to tighten everything down. Maybe I should post some photos if this is still unclear. Thx,

Have you taken the cassette off & then fitted the end cap, Then refit the cassette .

That is how I had to do mine.

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
yes, I understand the procedure. The problem is that the end caps provided to me by Reynolds has a outside flange that is too large for it to fit into the "freehub body." The end cap needs to fit into it for me to reseat the sprockets onto the freehub body and the lockring to tighten everything down. Maybe I should post some photos if this is still unclear. Thx,
Yes the drive side 1 should be smaller than none drive side from what I remember, It was a pretty easy job to change mine, over a year since I sold mine.

Post some picks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am looking for an adapter to go from 10x135 quick release to 12x142 on my cannondale scalpel rear wheel, is there such an adapter? I bought a set of wheels and need this.

·
RAKC
7,604 Posts
if your hubs are not convertable, then you cant switch to 12mm thru axle, 10mm and 12mm are 2 completely different standards. Hubs have to accept 12mm thru axle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts