Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was brought up in another post about stiffness. I want to know if the 10mm thru bolt system works on a bike that has the standard 135mm QR on it now? I have been thinking of going to dt swiss ex 1750s.

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
hmmm, does that thing work with anything but DT hubs?

·
EDR
10,310 Posts
Just for the record, I found the DT RWS 10mm QR to be a huge, huge pile of overpriced dog doodoo.

Others seem to like it, so what do I know?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
Just for the record, I found the DT RWS 10mm QR to be a huge, huge pile of overpriced dog doodoo.

Others seem to like it, so what do I know?
100% agree...the DT is a POS and a useless POS that is geared for the morons who think a QR mechanism on a bike running a thru bolt (front or rear) is helpful...how is it helpful? It binds up if too tight...its (relatively) expensive, and looks lame.

For the rear, when running a 10mm hub/axle, it is entirely retarded to get anything but a simple time proven 10mm thru axle like the one pictured

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like my 10mm RWS on my Hope ProII rear.

I guess the 20mm Maxle on my PIKE is a POS too, since it's a fancy QR mechanism where a through axle should be.

But what do I know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the maxle 360 with a lyrik on my nomad & love it so I got a revelation on my ftm it is the new lite weight version of the 360 & seems fine to me I don't think I will ever go back to QR on the front.

·
Super Moderator
20,808 Posts
Lovin said:
I like my 10mm RWS on my Hope ProII rear.

I guess the 20mm Maxle on my PIKE is a POS too, since it's a fancy QR mechanism where a through axle should be.

But what do I know.
ditto... the RWS works fine on my terremoto...and I got mine super cheap on an auction, so I can't complain about price :D

·
EDR
10,310 Posts
What a lame comparison.

I have had two Pikes, and now a Lyrik. The Maxle is "the bomb" b/c it works well and it doesn't have a plastic handle that breaks, and a POS button and spring that pop out every time it touches a rock. And oh yeah, even the Maxle doesn't cost $55 should you ever have to replace it, not that you will every have to. And oh yeah again, it doesn't have teeth that must rotate when you tighten it that chew the shiite out of your drop-out.

But like I said. Some people like it. Some people would like it even more if were made of carbon fiber. Go figure.

I'm with FoShizzle, I run a Hadley 10mm thru bolt on my Pro2 and I could buy 4 or 5 of them for the price of the RWS.

·
Registered
108 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
What a lame comparison.

I have had two Pikes, and now a Lyrik. The Maxle is "the bomb" b/c it works well and it doesn't have a plastic handle that breaks, and a POS button and spring that pop out every time it touches a rock. And oh yeah, even the Maxle doesn't cost $55 should you ever have to replace it, not that you will every have to. And oh yeah again, it doesn't have teeth that must rotate when you tighten it that chew the shiite out of your drop-out.

But like I said. Some people like it. Some people would like it even more if were made of carbon fiber. Go figure.

I'm with FoShizzle, I run a Hadley 10mm thru bolt on my Pro2 and I could buy 4 or 5 of them for the price of the RWS.
You pose a better argument than FoShizzle. Just saying it's crap doesn't make it crap. You qualified it.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Lovin said:
wrong, I own 2 forks currently with the Maxle and since i own it, it is good, not like the POS DT ratchet skewer, which yes, is crap. Besides, it Swiss...bunch of poseurs who cant take sides on issues...as bad as the French in my book, which is why Mavic is crap as well

to all...let me know if you want me to render on any other of your retarded parts selection

·
Registered
802 Posts
FoShizzle said:
100% agree...the DT is a POS and a useless POS that is geared for the morons who think a QR mechanism on a bike running a thru bolt (front or rear) is helpful...how is it helpful? It binds up if too tight...its (relatively) expensive, and looks lame.

For the rear, when running a 10mm hub/axle, it is entirely retarded to get anything but a simple time proven 10mm thru axle like the one pictured

I also run the Hadley thru axle with my Pro II. Man that thing is nice.

·
Registered
527 Posts
FoShizzle said:
wrong, I own 2 forks currently with the Maxle and since i own it, it is good, not like the POS DT ratchet skewer, which yes, is crap. Besides, it Swiss...bunch of poseurs who cant take sides on issues...as bad as the French in my book, which is why Mavic is crap as well

to all...let me know if you want me to render on any other of your retarded parts selection
Is this what they call "trolling"?

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
markw1970 said:
Is this what they call "trolling"?
no, trolls dont post to offer sound advice, they only post to annoy people - if I annoy people by chance whilst giving the aforementioned sound advice its simply a bonus

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Glynis27 said:
I also run the Hadley thru axle with my Pro II. Man that thing is nice.
indeed...it works great. have my second one on so many bikes and it truly is a simple yet robust design

1 - 20 of 37 Posts