Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
nightriding is fun !
457 Posts
Looks like a good alternative to Scotts Scale Limited.. I am wondering about pricing and when they will produce anything else than a prototype version.

the road frame goes for nearly 5000 euros (gasp !)

This looks cool :

Interesting that they use a 30mm saddlepost diameter which limits the choice for a saddlepost to their own offering :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they were the first to introduce carbon in MTB...

from what i know Full-Dynamix (italian brand from fromer pro rider Battaglin) were the first to introduce carbon as framematerial into mountainbiking. Miguel Martinez had his good days on those frames with carbon rears.
from looking at this picture it looks like the main tubes are bonded to aluminium lugs. and Battaglin was always optimistic with frame weights too...

·
nightriding is fun !
457 Posts
hey Nino, what about Giant with the Cadex range, Scott with the Endorphin (thermoplastic ?) and before that they had another model (not sure of the name) , and I think Kestrel also was dabbling with carbon in the nineties

·
Registered
52 Posts
oldmansan said:
"dabbling" in carbon fiber? Carbon fiber is their bread and butter. Kind of like saying Klien "dabbles" in aluminum.

San
I think you'll find the trek 2300 construction with easton propriatary C-tubes were glued to aluminium lugs, preceded Trek's OCLV, back in the early nineties... it was kinda like a reverse current road frame, where the main triangle was carbonfibre, mating rigid aluminium rear end and forks...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah,

it was late and many beers ago. I really thought about the Trek OCLV hardtail years ago, but the warranty just wasn't as good as my ti hardtail(s). Didn't like the mental picture of it after laying it over on a boulder or something.

San

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.