Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very little use for the phrase "my $0.02" so I will Paypal my 2c (plus fees of course) to anybody who can give me the make and model of my frame. It's nothing special and nothing terrible, it's 1200gr and I've never seen one except for mine.

bits:

WI Eno/DT/mavic 517 ceramic rear wheel
CK ISO/DT/mavic 221 front wheel
WI eno freewheel/Dura-ace 15t fixed cog/surly lockring
Middleburn rs7 175mm cranks w/uno 32t spider
959 pedals, CK headset, WCS stem/seatpost
Easton ec90 flat bar, Avid SD SL levers/brakes
Avid flak jacket cabling, raceface BB
White bros xc4 fork (stiff, simple, light, 80mm, V-only)

forget anything? Rides fast, fun, SS. I have an exclusive bunch of SSs now. This thing goes very well on muddy or rough XC courses where all the squishy, shifty duallies fall apart or stop shifting !



This picture may look odd in one place because I dodgily photoshopped out the manufacturer's sticker:











Hurry up and come over 'Dre, I want to go for a ride !

- Joel
 

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
Joined
·
8,847 Posts
H#ll, I don't care what frame it is, that is one nice looking ride!

Nicely done up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
sig

'04 StreakX RCZ XC SS hardtail

from your signature....

tomacropod said:
I have very little use for the phrase "my $0.02" so I will Paypal my 2c (plus fees of course) to anybody who can give me the make and model of my frame. It's nothing special and nothing terrible, it's 1200gr and I've never seen one except for mine.

bits:

WI Eno/DT/mavic 517 ceramic rear wheel
CK ISO/DT/mavic 221 front wheel
WI eno freewheel/Dura-ace 15t fixed cog/surly lockring
Middleburn rs7 175mm cranks w/uno 32t spider
959 pedals, CK headset, WCS stem/seatpost
Easton ec90 flat bar, Avid SD SL levers/brakes
Avid flak jacket cabling, raceface BB
White bros xc4 fork (stiff, simple, light, 80mm, V-only)

forget anything? Rides fast, fun, SS. I have an exclusive bunch of SSs now. This thing goes very well on muddy or rough XC courses where all the squishy, shifty duallies fall apart or stop shifting !



This picture may look odd in one place because I dodgily photoshopped out the manufacturer's sticker:











Hurry up and come over 'Dre, I want to go for a ride !

- Joel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
did you buy it overseas at streakX or are you already in europa?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought it at their store in Clamart (Paris region) when I was over there. I was using bike shops as my guides for riding my road bike around and saw the frames there. Great price, good weight and seemingly OK quality so I bought one and carried it home strapped to my back. I built it up when I returned to Australia.

I imagine, with the price, they would be fairly common in France.

- Joel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
keep....

your .02c!

Now if you have any parts you want to get rid of...those I might take!

MC

tomacropod said:
:rofl:

How stupid of me. What's your paypal?

- Joel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
tomacropod said:
I bought it at their store in Clamart (Paris region) when I was over there. I was using bike shops as my guides for riding my road bike around and saw the frames there. Great price, good weight and seemingly OK quality so I bought one and carried it home strapped to my back. I built it up when I returned to Australia.

I imagine, with the price, they would be fairly common in France.

- Joel
i live at about 20km of clamar, so i know this shop quite well ;)
Contruction of this frame is very similar to the khs alite4000 and viper (a belgium brand), same factory in the far east, and i didnt see any of them broken on the french board, but way too much inconfortable for me, regarding how ride my voodoo bizango :)
middleburn UNO come also from clamar??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The middleburn uno I got through the Australian distributor who is a friend of mine, my third set ! (of 'burn cranks, not friends).

Thanks for the info about the frame mosquitos, the frame is made from Kinesium tubing which seems to be similar to some easton tubing but much cheaper ! This frame was 300 euros.

thanks all for the kind words - as for parts, I'll have a look :) Need a pair of raceface turbine 175mm, compact drive, square taper, silver cranks in used, but otherwise perfect condition? How about this Pewter King Classic that my buyer has failed to collect? A brisa b20 20" trials bike? My garage runneth over.

It does get dirty as well:



- Joel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,174 Posts
tomacropod said:
The middleburn uno I got through the Australian distributor who is a friend of mine, my third set ! (of 'burn cranks, not friends).

Thanks for the info about the frame mosquitos, the frame is made from Kinesium tubing which seems to be similar to some easton tubing but much cheaper ! This frame was 300 euros.

thanks all for the kind words - as for parts, I'll have a look :) Need a pair of raceface turbine 175mm, compact drive, square taper, silver cranks in used, but otherwise perfect condition? How about this Pewter King Classic that my buyer has failed to collect? A brisa b20 20" trials bike? My garage runneth over.

It does get dirty as well:



- Joel
why raceface over the middleburns? If you dont like the middleburns, i'll be more than happy to take them off your hands
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh no I like the burns, I run them after all. I have the racefaces sitting around :)

- Joel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
tomacropod said:
oh no I like the burns, I run them after all. I have the racefaces sitting around :)

- Joel
how much, pics of this RF???
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top