Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Right now I'm building my first ever gravel bike. Bought my Giant Revolt frame (2nd hand) online. I have this 50/34 crank ratio and 11:34T cogs. The groupset I'm planning to equip is my 105 R7000 GS came from my road bike (as I upgrade ultegra R8000 last month)

Question: Is there any chance my RD can hold 11-42T cogs ratio with some local road link? Or should I stick to my 11:34 cassette and get a GRX crank with 46/30 ratio. Thank you! (Uphill Slave)

Another, can this low profile bike rack can handle my future gravel bike pretty well? Will try roof-mount bike rack this time.

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi all. Right now I'm building my first ever gravel bike. Bought my Giant Revolt frame (2nd hand) online. I have this 50/34 crank ratio and 11:34T cogs. The groupset I'm planning to equip is my 105 R7000 GS came from my road bike (as I upgrade ultegra R8000 last month)

Question: Is there any chance my RD can hold 11-42T cogs ratio with some local road link? Or should I stick to my 11:34 cassette and get a GRX crank with 46/30 ratio. Thank you! (Uphill Slave)

Another, can this low profile bike rack can handle my future gravel bike pretty well? Will try roof-mount bike rack this time.
My wife is running the 11-42 on the back of her bike with the GRX RD-810. I installed the Roadlink DM even though there are those who claim you do not need it with that RD. The RD-R7000-GS is very close in capacity and max gear to the GRX. I would say give it a shot... probably have to run the B screw in to clear the big gear, and if that does not work get the Roadlink DM... It moves the RD down to clear the big cog, but does zero for chain wrap. If you get gear clearance but can't take up the slack in the small/small, consider going to a 15t bottom jockey wheel from KCNC. I did this to get GRX 46/30 and 11/46 Sunrace to play nice together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.