Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... My 100x is leaking bigtime now out of the right side. Looks like enduro seals are in my future, but for now the performance is still fine.

Questions.

1. what performance change should I look for to tell me its time to do the enduro seals?

2. Some say keep the foam rings wet..... So that means lift the scrapers and add what??? to the foam seals?

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

John

·
(aka SS_MB-7)
924 Posts
JHK said:
OK... My 100x is leaking bigtime now out of the right side. Looks like enduro seals are in my future, but for now the performance is still fine.

Questions.

1. what performance change should I look for to tell me its time to do the enduro seals?
The fact that your fork is leaking NOW should be enough indication to change the seals NOW. Why wait? You are only prolonging the inevitable. During the time you are waiting, your fork is going to be loosing precious oil and will be sucking-in crap. Both are bad and can destroy your internals. As the old saying goes: Pay me know or pay me more later.

I bought a set of Enduros for my F80X and F100X. I gutted the forks and installed them myself. Now, oil stays in the fork and the stanchions and lowers are clean instead of oil-soaked. Get 'em!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.