Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The website doesnt say anything about the damping system, but buzz on shocks forum (confirmed by speaking with Jenson rep) is that these are indeed SPV forks, most probably OE items taken off Giant NRS frames.

Seems like it's basically a 100mm Skareb Platinum with different stickers and color..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not 100% as it seems

I just ordered from Jenson over the phone, and while some of the forks do have SPV it is not garanteed that they will (ie some don't). Just a warning so no one is upset when they don't receive SPV...

·
Registered
59 Posts
kgardnez said:
I just ordered from Jenson over the phone, and while some of the forks do have SPV it is not garanteed that they will (ie some don't). Just a warning so no one is upset when they don't receive SPV...
I also noticed that somewhere on the page it says that they'll only ship the fork within the US. Bugger since I'm in Canada. Strangely enough, it's only on select models.

·
Candlestick Maker
3,230 Posts
b12yan88 said:
Do i just call in and request that i recieve the one with SPV or what ?
I just talked w/ a rep and he was unaware that some were spv and some were not.
Sounds like a crap shoot. I'll report back when I receive mine...

baker

·
Registered
847 Posts
"Some of them were SPV rather than fluid flow, but I think they are gone
now."
From an email reply from Jenson earlier today.

baker said:

baker

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got mine today!

It is indeed an SPV fork, with aluminum steerer.

The rep I spoke to was willing to go to the warehouse and actually look at the stock -- maybe other potential buyers will have the same luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine just arrived today. Ordered it Saturday, shipped yesterday, came today. Opened up the box and yessss, SPV! What a sweet deal, with free shipping too. Thanks to previous posters for the great tips. Good luck to those still waiting :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can one of you measure the length of the fork from the bottom dropout to the bottom of the steerer tube? I have an older bike designed for smaller travel forks and would like to know about the fit of this fork.

Thanks!
-Alex

·
Candlestick Maker
3,230 Posts
baker said:

baker
Woohoo! SPV it is. Now I just need to figure out how to set it up.
Thanks for the heads up!

baker

G

·
Dang...I just got mine yesterday and its NOT a SPV but still a very good deal...

Until Next time....I will win the lotto of 150 Million bucks ....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts