Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I can only speak for the forks I have used and I would suggest ( if you can find) fox vanilla the older models can be set at 100mm. I weigh the same and my vanilla bobs very little. It does not have a platform but with the proper spring it works well with my HT. I recently rode a bike wike with a marz mx comp. the fork felt plush but bobbed and had TONS of brake dive. The rock Shox forks with motion control would be a good option. i will probobley try one on my nest bike, if the vanilla 140 mm is too much travel.

·
Harky
159 Posts
Reba should do nicely

They have an adjustable blow-off gate that controls the compression platform. I have one and its works well. Also had the same thing on a Pike U-turn. Good deign.

·
viva la v-brakes!
2,444 Posts
If money is no object, the Fox F100X is an incredible fork that is specifically designed to prevent bobbing. I love mine. I have it set up so that it's practically rigid until I hit some rocks and then its smooth as butter. Fortunately I got a deal on it when I got a new bike, otherwise it would be out of my league.

However, the Reba is a big part of a quickly rebuilding Rock Shox reputation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.