Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You are looking @ a CNC light, Dom & I made a few years ago...maybe one of the first CNC 3 led lights out there, see link for more pic's. Still, IMO one of the most 'worked' CNC lights Dom & I have made... Thanks Dom we love you & wish you came back to the fold... :thumbsup:

It now has 3 MCE's with modded IMS20 reflectors in a 6S2P config, hooked up to a 'martin auto switcher' PCB...driven from a Shimano dynamo hub

basic deal is 1000mA into 3 LEDs, 500mA into 6 LEDs & 250mA into 12 LEDs

did some basic math...if they were R2 dies it would be around 1137lm...as they are not it should be close to the 1000lm mark...

Zom will know how many LM it is as he keeps up with all that stuff... :D

its got a trit rod on each side & 3 trit vials on the back...

BINS:

Multichip Bin : MCE4WT-A2-0000-000M01 Cool white, 430 min lumens, WH Tint
Multichip Bin : MCE4WT-A2-6C0-J0-0-00001 Warm white, 320 min lumens, E6
Multichip Bin : MCE4WT-A2-5C0-K0-0-00001 370 min Lumens Neutral White

its a great mix of tints, nice & warm... great for, colour retention in the ozzy bush...

cool one up top...
Circle Steel

Green Bicycle accessory Cylinder Circle Steel

Yes I have some donuts, as these are ones I modded for the focal length of a XRE...will try no meat off the bottom, just bigger hole as joeb has done...

OR I could run a R2 up top or in a sep light on the side...or maybe my helmet light will help there... still testing....

I just wanted to be the first to make a 1000lm dynamo driven light, maybe I got there, maybe I did not...no matter, its really bright out on the road, can't wait to do a test off-road with my helmet light....

Maybe Salty & I can do a vid of him & me together lighting up the bike track... What you think Salty??? :yesnod:

Ktronik

·
Registered
131 Posts
trit is short for tritium, a radioactive isotope of hydrogen used in atomic bombs, bike lights and other cool stuff. The electrons it emits makes phosphor light up. The rods have a thin phosphorus layer and works as glowsticks powered by the tritium.
A vial is as far as I know just a small glas bottle.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys...still chipping away here...

I love my dynamo to bits, its such a great way to run my lights for most apps...

still playing with the IMS20 to get rid of the donuts, then I will get some beam shots for everyone, maybe even a vid...

Its come along way since I first told 'martin' what I had found, with his circuit & 3 luxeon stars...must be 5 years now since I first plugged it in for the first time...of course he would not believe it & rang me up from Germany to confirm my findings...I did not believe it...I just keep staring @ the multimeter strapped to my bar..."how could this be so??" its only a 3w dynamo, I must have done something wrong...so I re-check my work... many times... but each time, the same result...I kinda feel like one of the godfathers of high power dynamo lighting systems...So 1000lm was a real mile stone for me...znomit & I talk about it a while ago, but only since the MCE come out could I get it in a small package...

Next step, the one I am working on now, is to add a USB output, to charge stuff, for long distance touring ect...

Its going well & should have a prototype real soon...

will keep ya all posted...

K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.