Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
Wow, nice job!

But do you find yourself reluctantly looking upwards with the batteries mounted on the helmet like that?

·
fuggansonofahowa
1,070 Posts
Wowser....nice

Aren't you worried about catching on fire? That's some serious lumen juice you got there.

You'll need to give us a little build info (ie. batteries, drivers, switches, weight, etc.). I can tell it's based on the Achesalot design - and nicely done, btw.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Please keep an eye on unusual and sudden baldness in the shape of rectangles. Since the light units are very low on the helmet, the weight may be better handled if you used extension cords and kept the batteries in the pack. Consider that if you find your helmet to be a bit too heavy or unbalanced.

Well, since you have only two LEDs per unit, the heat probably isn't much of a factor. I'm pretty amazed by all the DIYs going on. Keep it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
where did you source the batteries - looking to make a light myself but finding it really hard to find affordable battery packs :madman:

·
fuggansonofahowa
1,070 Posts
Wombat said:
The switch is probably the round black thing on top of the light.

Tim
Yes, I figured that part....just want to know the manufacturer and where it was purchased. It seems like a nice waterproof option that will work with the achesalot design..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quite impressive indeed. Lots of light in a smart, flexible setup. Looks like it´s also easy to use... I´m curious about the runtime on each pair of LEDs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice set up Scar! Can you tell me where you got the switches? I'm in the final stages of assembly and those look perfect.

·
Homer
215 Posts
What driver are you using?
Since a 7.4V Li-ion probably won't keep two LEDs in regulation throughout it's batterylife... A buck-boost driver would be appropriate in this setup.

On the better side: they are very, very good looking! Is that black ano aluminium or did you coat/paint them yourself?

1 - 20 of 170 Posts