Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been 10 years, and nearly 1000 posts, and I've been reflecting on my "MTBR" life. Most of this has been shared on the MTBR forums in one way or another. Posting in NorCal because that's where my home and friends are...

I've been through a few bikes, and have met several new friends and discovered countless new trails, all throughout California. I've shared trails with newer riders, and watched their abilities grow beyond my own.

I've gotten married, bought a house, had a few kids, changed careers, and tried new beers.

So much has happened, all carved out in a small corner of the internet.

Carry on!

-Octane

·
Mtbr Founder
34,823 Posts
It's been 10 years, and nearly 1000 posts, and I've been reflecting on my "MTBR" life. Most of this has been shared on the MTBR forums in one way or another. Posting in NorCal because that's where my home and friends are...

I've been through a few bikes, and have met several new friends and discovered countless new trails, all throughout California. I've shared trails with newer riders, and watched their abilities grow beyond my own.

I've gotten married, bought a house, had a few kids, changed careers, and tried new beers.

Carry on!

-Octane
Pics or it didn't happen. Good to meet you along the way.

fc

·
190lbs of climber
1,522 Posts
I'm around that point too. I've literally grown up while on this forum, and was set in the direction I've gone thanks in no small part to people I've met and group rides I went on, especially in the first few years when I was becoming a "real" mountain biker. This forum, specifically Norcal, is maybe not unique but at least rare on the interwebs in the level of actual interaction that occurs, as the cool kids say, IRL.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,582 Posts
I, on the other hand, was a roadie who found the way of the dirt via curiosities I had. MTBR showed me the light. Haven’t been here too long, but much more than 6,000 posts. :eek:

·
Weird huh?
2,284 Posts
I can relate. The only address I've gone to at least once everyday for 10 years.:thumbsup:

·
Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,691 Posts
When did I sign up...

Dang! Almost ten years for me too.

Met a lot of good people, got a lot of great rides in because of this site. Thanks Francis!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't imagine 1000 posts.
I can't help it I'm a crappy typist. It's like languages, you have to learn it while you're young.

·
Formerly dvo
2,103 Posts
10 years is coming soon for me as well. This is a favorite resource and an almost daily habit ever since. Thanks Francis!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
When did I sign up...

Dang! Almost ten years for me too.

Met a lot of good people, got a lot of great rides in because of this site. Thanks Francis!
That was like our first date. Our first 'meet-up' was that ride in Marin. I remember it like it was yesterday, headed down some steep trail I was following you, then all of a sudden I saw your legs flipped up and over the bars...........not much has changed in 10 years! :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

Carry on!

-Octane
Don't forget the 3 hr XC adventure in Downieville scouting for collegiate race courses while carrying a camel back with a frozen solid bladder the whole time, in near triple digit heat. Learned some things on that ride I bet!

You still owe me some water by the way....:)

If we had pulled that race off it would have been the stuff of legend.
Menso would have missed out seeing as he was probably still filling diapers at the time.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,582 Posts
Menso would have missed out seeing as he was probably still filling diapers at the time.
Hee hee hee! :lol: Maybe so, but I’m sure that when we was filling said diapers, he did it no-dabs, and with some serious speed.

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't forget the 3 hr XC adventure in Downieville scouting for collegiate race courses while carrying a camel back with a frozen solid bladder the whole time, in near triple digit heat. Learned some things on that ride I bet!

You still owe me some water by the way....:)

If we had pulled that race off it would have been the stuff of legend.
Hot DAMN! You remember that. Yep, I learned the hard way on that ride.

The only thing worse than not having any water is having everything you need, but not being liquid.

Yes, that would have been an epic Chico State race, but I'm glad we filed the contingency permits for Oroville too. Ahhh... memories.

If you're coming to Sea Otter, I have a campsite and beer i'd like to share...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts