Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am repairing/updating my Karate Monkey. I had a new Sunrace 11-40 10 speed cassette on hand. Put it on my newly built rear wheel. Now I need help deciding what cage length rear derailleur. Single chain ring up front. Most likely will be using the Sram GX. So what length cage should I be using?
Thanks, MikeB

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really tired of reading about derailleurs now. Google and the sticky helped me decide on Deore M6000 RD GS 10 speed with 10 speed XT shifter. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Really tired of reading about derailleurs now. Google and the sticky helped me decide on Deore M6000 RD GS 10 speed with 10 speed XT shifter. Thanks.
As an option you want to consider the SLX RDR, it's usually cheaper than the M6000. If you compare the parts list on Shimano's tech docs site the GS cages are the same P/N for the RD-M7000-GS and the RD-M6000-GS. Yes it's listed as 11-speed however I have a house full of bikes running it on 10-speed with Saint M820 and XT M780 10-speed shifters. It's been discussed quite a bit in this forum that it works just fine. There's also a thread of folks using XT 11-speed shifter and having 1 dead gear, I have not tried that personally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.