2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in
A- durability
B- shifting quality
Please name the brand with your comments
Happy trails !
PS. I like the 11-42 on my fat but for an other bike
i would prefer this if it works well. I have the chain and derailleur for it.

·
May contain nuts
2,433 Posts
I am interested in
A- durability
B- shifting quality
Please name the brand with your comments
Happy trails !
PS. I like the 11-42 on my fat but for an other bike
i would prefer this if it works well. I have the chain and derailleur for it.
Ran a XT GS 8000 11sp mech with Saint 10sp shifter in Sunrace MX8 11-46 for 3 years. The XT8000 handles the bigger cassette better than the older 10sp mechs. Shifting was great, Saint shifter was much better than the XT of the day. Durability was also very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
My wife has had the Sunrace MX3 10-speed 11/46 on her fat bike for approx a year and loves it. I have the MX8 11-speed on mine an truthfully no perceivable difference other than 10 vs 11. Both are reliable and shift well. She has a Shimano Saint shifter, I have XT m8000 on the 11. The wear has been great. I do recommend the M8000 or M7000 GS 11-speed rdr, it natively supports a 46T. The M6000 GS (not SGS) should also work fine, it has the exact same cage p/n as the M7000 GS 11-speed. The M7000 is cheaper than the M6000.... go figure. No need to throw your 10-speed away, go for it!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ran a XT GS 8000 11sp mech with Saint 10sp shifter in Sunrace MX8 11-46 for 3 years. The XT8000 handles the bigger cassette better than the older 10sp mechs. Shifting was great, Saint shifter was much better than the XT of the day. Durability was also very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you need a hangar extension for upper pulley clearance?

To answer the OP, I've been running the 11-46 MX3 version for over a year on my HT with a Sram drivetrain (X9 derailleur, X-something shifter on a 1X set-up). Durability does not seem to be an issue. Shifting quality is good, and honestly, perfectly acceptable. I do wonder however if it would be a touch more crisp without the need for a link extension (hence question to Haggis above).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.