Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
I didn't do it
9,465 Posts
Oh brother, not this again.

I will say that the many desert rats will argue against reason #3.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Deserts have trees ^^ They're just very prickly!!

Plus it's all true... Hollah!!!

-------------------------------------
Opinions are like A-holes... everybody
has one & they're usually full of...??

·
Sneaker man
3,379 Posts
Riding's riding, I like the roadie and the mtb, they are the same but different. But...
Reason #1...er I ride to the trailhead...so cars as well.
Reason #3 Never been hit by a car... been hit by plenty of trees...they can hurt, a lot.
Reason #5 Not in my neck of the woods, it's the opposite here.
Reason #10 I still wear bibs on the mtb, comfort over style for me.

·
Administrator
10,529 Posts
I don't even get #10. This is wonderful internet journalism "mountain biking is better than road biking because bib shorts". So is that because a huge proportion of roadies use bib shorts and that is bad because bib shorts are the most comfortable shorts you will ever wear or because a huge proportion of mountain bikers wear bib shorts and they are the most comfortable shorts you will ever wear?

Judging by the cut through and short cut trails I see all over the place I would suggest that mountain bikers are crazy competitive, just as much as roadies. I have been on both varieties of bikes where I saw riders doing dumb things on bikes so that they could "win" over the rest of us. Leave that **** on the race track.

If you want to make yourself feel better about being a mountain biker or becoming a mountain biker then at least post something that is well written and not just some kneejerk reaction from someone that didn't like road riding because a huge proportion of us on here like to ride bikes, no matter the flavor.

·
Fart smeller
Tell us what parts you're using.
18,082 Posts
Deserts have trees ^^ They're just very prickly!!

Plus it's all true... Chollah!!!

-------------------------------------
Opinions are like A-holes... everybody
has one & they're usually full of...??
Fixed.

·
Fart smeller
Tell us what parts you're using.
18,082 Posts

·
****** to the dirt
5,122 Posts
Folks who ride in the desert don't have trees and they're doing just fine without them.
Your a true roadie- the reason I left that lifestyle- please do not respond to my posts anymore
Yeah Mookie, you roadie you.......:ciappa::ciappa::ihih:

·
I didn't do it
9,465 Posts
Yeah Mookie, you roadie you.......:ciappa::ciappa::ihih:
After all this time I've been outed. And to think all it took was a comment about trees and the desert to do it. Who knew?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Seems to me that this article, and many other similar lists miss one of the most important points. Being a better road rider tends to mean your a faster road rider. Being a better mountain biker could also mean that or it could mean your better at catching air, riding up and over large boulders, or manualing a set of rollers, or hitting your line through berms or climbing a nasty uphill rock garden, or ... So on.

Now granted if your riding in a pack of roadies there can be a LOT of thought and strategizing going on, but Mountain biking presents a multitude of thought provoking challenges around every corner and with every challenge comes another skill to be mastered.

·
I didn't do it
9,465 Posts
At the end of the day its all about getting on a bike and going for a bike ride. Why would I disparage somebody who rides road? If that's how somebody enjoys the sport then there's nothing wrong with that.

I've seen jerks and a-holes in both disciplines. Duh!!

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
36,719 Posts
Whoever wrote that article is a class -A- moron.

That is all, carry on now boys and girls.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts