Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
round00 said:
Thanks to the (presumably) law student or lawyer.... People, remember, and more for you than some car dealership... just because you signed something doesn't mean you made some kind of eternal promise. People can, and do very often, get out of contracts for many different reasons.

I have a feeling the people who believe in the 'signed contract = ironclad commitment' are the same ones who believe they can keep the mistakenly issued $1,000,000 check from the IRS...

Although many people do not believe it, the law has been created and manipulated with an eye to fairness and justice.

Just face it, it was a dishonest thing to do... I agree with those who said car dealerships (like a lot of LBSs) are thieves and dirt balls themselves. So does that mean we all should be liars and cheats as well?

What if the poor finance guy got fired, missed his mortgage payment, pissed off his wife, lost his car... because you wanted to rip off the dealership because they have ripped off other consumers before?

Yeah, "booya" f%cker.
Karma will be a ***** to you indeed.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
upNdown said:
I just hate this 'two wrong's make a right' attitude.
In the truthfulness of things I couldn't agree with you more. If everyone were to believe in a "turn the other cheek" philosophy the world would be a possible Utopia. But, it's not, nor do I foresee it ever to be. Thus, from my fatalist point of view, I'm going to revel in the fact that the quasi-bad guys (car dealerships) got screwed. In the face of reasonableness, I shall hold steadfast to my previous declaration, "BOOYA!".

·
Registered
112 Posts
upNdown said:
I just hate this 'two wrong's make a right' attitude.

First off, while I agree that car dealerships are unpleasant to deal with and sometimes shady, the fact is, they make an offer, the consumer can either accept it or reject it. They cannot 'take advantage' of anybody without consent, so is that really taking advantage of anything?
Exactly. While I detest salespersons in general, the people who get screwed are the ones who go into the situation from a position of ignorance. If you make a deal from an informed position, you will not get screwed - at least you won't get screwed by the typical salesperson techniques - the legal ones. Alas, you are never can be protected form someone undertaking illegal activities.

If everyone spent some time to do a modicum of research before they went to buy a car (or anything else for that matter - you ever bought residential windows - those guys will take you to the cleaners if you don't know what's up), salespersons wouldn't get such a bad rap.

They only take advantage of people who let them....

·
Registered
169 Posts
"They only take advantage of people who let them...."

I will 100% agree with this, unfortunately I would say that people who are performing the needed research for any type pf purchse are in the minority as we expect our business contacts to be honest (and were are used to automatically buying at market price)

We don't even need to get started on all of the scams and cheats out there, I worry about my grandmother whenever she schedules any work to be done...

·
Registered
112 Posts
kgardnez said:
we expect our business contacts to be honest (and were are used to automatically buying at market price)
Anyone who walks into a car dealership and expects the salesperson to be "honest" is a fool.

Knowledge is power, and power keeps you from getting ripped off or otherwise taken advantage of...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts