Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have just read in a magazine that the 2009 Mavic crossmax sx wheels I have ordered for my moment are convertable to bolt on (rather than bolt through) I think I might go down the same route. It would seem to make sense

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
ricthedick said:
Got the hubs, laced to Stans Flow rims, valves and 25mm yellow rim tape for $440. Gotta love Ebay when things work out.
brand new? if so that is a kick a$$ deal. i've been looking at the flows but can't seem to pull the trigger on a set. post up a review after you get some miles on them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
What hubs take the 10MM axle?? Do you have to do any alterations or will the axle fit no problems. I am thinking about getting new wheels and would like to stiffen up the rear at the same time.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
qbert2000 said:
brand new? if so that is a kick a$$ deal. i've been looking at the flows but can't seem to pull the trigger on a set. post up a review after you get some miles on them.
They are a little flexy, not as much so as the Spinergy's that I had before, but it is noticeable. I only have about 100 miles on them and I do need to have them retensioned. The hubs are like butter though, and I love the sound.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got Hadley's with a DT Swiss 10 mil QR looking axel. It's actually a ratchet system where the lever is used tighten the axel. No tools required and pretty slick. Haven't been able to ride any trails where I would notice the increased stiffness but I've got to believe that it is going to be there when the time comes.

·
Registered
764 Posts
ricthedick said:
I got Hadley's with a DT Swiss 10 mil QR looking axel. It's actually a ratchet system where the lever is used tighten the axel. No tools required and pretty slick. Haven't been able to ride any trails where I would notice the increased stiffness but I've got to believe that it is going to be there when the time comes.
So this works with normal rear hubs or do you have a larger hub axle. sorry this is confusing me. i have the ells am wheels and wanted to stiffen up the rear with a larger through axle. would this not work???

·
Registered
743 Posts
jjcools said:
So this works with normal rear hubs or do you have a larger hub axle. sorry this is confusing me. i have the ells am wheels and wanted to stiffen up the rear with a larger through axle. would this not work???
I have the DT Swiss 240s hub and you can buy a conversion kit for it to convert the end pieces from a QR standard to their RWS 10mm thru bolt standard. It's pretty cool, you just pull out the end pieces and replace them with the 10mm end pieces. If you don't have a hub that can convert (I don't know which ones do), I think you'd need a new hub.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Easton Havocs have a 10mm "fun bolt" option also. Comes with a new axle, bearings, tools and 10mm "Fun bolts". I just installed it, and am now waiting for the snow to disappear.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.