Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bike I’ve building for a while. The scale is 10.36lbs.on a certified calibrated scale These components were chosen for performance and functionality. The carbon rings are not made for longevity, it’s just my opinion I’m pointing out the carbon chain rings on the list are only made to last 4 or 5k miles. This is my second pair of rings, my old carbon rings had about 4500 miles and none of the teeth have broken. I had changed them because of the wear.
I do not recommend some of these light weight parts if you are over 165lbs, these very light weight parts are only made for light weight riders the carbon rings are made by tune, are the best they are thicker than the normal carbon ring. Currently these rings have 900 miles on them They do last for about 4k to 5K miles. They do shift very well and as far as areo light pedals, in my opinion the pedals are easy to get in and out of. The best pedal for what they are I have tried many clipless pedals and I like the areolites the most. I have tried many pedals (Speed play X 1,to much float\time Atac carbon Ti to sticky to get in out of also the bebop deluxe to hard to get in and also to much float.
Thank you for all your opinions and input.
Here is my components list.
scott cr1 w/cable guide & screw 890g
Scapula SP Carbon Fork 220g
SeatClamp 14g
Ti,BB,w/ceramic bearings & Alum bolts 130g
SeatShim 20g
Seatpost New Ultimate 94g
Saddle 46g
Headset 82g
Topcap 2g
storck Crankarms 320g
Both Tune chainrings & bolts 90g,Areolite Pedals 72g
Carbon Schmolke 40cm Bar 135g
Syntrace Stem w/ti bolts 91g
Brakes Zero Gravity w/btp carbon pads 159g
One piece Alum cassette 106w/lockring Tune Skewers 54g
Ti chain 240g
Front derailleur Record Carbon BTP 55g
Rear derailleur Record Carbon 185g
Shifters & brakelevers Record w/btp clamps 304g
Brake Cables 75g
Shifters Cables 84g
Bartape 50g
Frontwheel W/reynolds cirro sv-kom carbon rim AC mirohub 380g
Rearwheel reynolds cirro sv-kom carbon rim W/tune 160 carbon hub 506g
Both tufo tires elite jet 320g
Grease & misc.19g

Total 4738grams

Attachments

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
nice...

lightbike59 said:
This is a bike I�ve building for a while. The scale is 10.36lbs.on a certified calibrated scale These components were chosen for performance and functionality. The carbon rings are not made for longevity, it�s just my opinion I�m pointing out the carbon chain rings on the list are only made to last 4 or 5k miles. This is my second pair of rings, my old carbon rings had about 4500 miles and none of the teeth have broken. I had changed them because of the wear.
I do not recommend some of these light weight parts if you are over 165lbs, these very light weight parts are only made for light weight riders the carbon rings are made by tune, are the best they are thicker than the normal carbon ring. Currently these rings have 900 miles on them They do last for about 4k to 5K miles. They do shift very well and as far as areo light pedals, in my opinion the pedals are easy to get in and out of. The best pedal for what they are I have tried many clipless pedals and I like the areolites the most. I have tried many pedals (Speed play X 1,to much float\time Atac carbon Ti to sticky to get in out of also the bebop deluxe to hard to get in and also to much float.
SeatClamp 14g
SeatShim 20g
Saddle 46g
Headset 82g
Topcap 2g
storck Crankarms 320g
Ti chain 240g
Brake Cables 75g
Shifters Cables 84g
Bartape 50g
Grease & misc.19g

Total 4738grams
nice and impressive bike Bernie!
half of it looks the same than mine;)
you should have gotten the tune housings. i finally found a way to connect them. was easy. they are much slicker than any other cable and improve shifting and braking while beeing quite a lot lighter.
just yesterday i was about to buy some 900g tubular wheels that i was offered (Tune hubs with nano extreme rims) but i decided against them. i want a bike i can rely on also when going downhills at speed and braking hard. those wheels are nice for climbing but not for everyday use. those wheels would have brought my bike to about the same weight...i know what it feels like and the Scott is definitely THE bike. i just did a record lap yesterday even though i'm not in shape yet...man, that bike is so fast you can't go slow on it.
i finally also decided against the Scapula fork because it doesn't match the integrated frame aesthetically and because i don't want to support those guys' insane prices: 800 euro for a fork is just too much. i can't justify to spend 550 euro more for a fork that is just about 30g lighter.

·
Registered
244 Posts
lightbike59 said:
This is a bike I've building for a while. The scale is 10.36lbs.on a certified calibrated scale These components were chosen for performance and functionality. The carbon rings are not made for longevity, it's just my opinion I'm pointing out the carbon chain rings on the list are only made to last 4 or 5k miles. This is my second pair of rings, my old carbon rings had about 4500 miles and none of the teeth have broken. I had changed them because of the wear.
SeatClamp 14g
SeatShim 20g
Saddle 46g
Headset 82g
Topcap 2g
storck Crankarms 320g
Ti chain 240g
Brake Cables 75g
Shifters Cables 84g
Bartape 50g
Grease & misc.19g

Total 4738grams
All I can say is wow.

·
Banned
706 Posts
themontashu said:
What is the point in haivng a road bike you can't race?
Why couldn't that bike be raced?

UCI weight limit?

Check the posters stats and you'll see that he is from Arizona. So, he could race in virtually every race in the states. Most of them being USA Cycling sanctioned, not UCI.

·
120 pounds of xc sex!
639 Posts
question

The new scott frames have a different sort of CF weave. Anyone know how its differenet? as if its woven differently. I checked out their frames at sea otter, and weighed a large 05 team hardtail, i thikn it was around 2.25 pounds. whoa!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.